Sigma sd Quattro and sd Quattro H

You can adapt M42 lenses with a M42 to SA adapter and can do the same with Adaptall lenses too. That is about it for adapted lenses with the exceptions of macro only use or converting a lens to SA mount. Some have adapted Rokinon Canon mount lenses (safe flange focal distance) to the Sigma. I will be attempting this with a Rokinon fisheye as soon as it arrives.

For Sigma primes the 30 1.4 ART works fine on the SDQH, 50 1.4 EX and the 105 OS Macro does too.

Shawn

Ok....
Since I always Loved the Merrills
I am thinkng of getting the H... another ‘H’ for Miss HH... pun intended ;)

Since I am too lazy to research , can anyone give Me a heads up on what PRIME lenses are Compatible... which adapters

Thanks Much !

Best Wishes~ H

Hi Helen.
It seems to me that you've always been pretty much a small camera user, right? The Sigma SD Quattro cameras are pretty big. The bodies are a tad smaller than a typical DSLR, but the lenses are BIG and heavy. And beware, Miss H, working with the Sigma cameras requires a LOT of patience, both at the 'taking' end and at the post-processing end. But if you're looking for a camera that will slow you down to a speed conducive to much contemplation, the Sigma is for you! :p

Sigma Quattro H, Sigma 28mm f1.8 EX DG lens
Yokohama, Japan (January 2018)

SDIM1850.jpg

SDIM1855.jpg

SDIM1880.jpg

^ Hi Jamie, thanks for taking notice! It's always nice to receive a compliment.

Mike,
I've been trying to find that 20mm f1.8 lens in Sigma SA mount online and the only place I've found one so far is at the Sigma site. Its not even shown on the B&H or Adorama sites, and nothing on eBay either! Interesting.

Playing around with new lenses....

Rokinon 8mm Fisheye
26452155778_2a550f6aa4_b.jpg

Rokinon 8mm Fisheye
38515131600_c39b677d88_b.jpg

30mm f1.4 ART
39613129064_c4d77aca03_b.jpg

30mm f1.4 ART
39613123714_214d7640f9_b.jpg

Rokinon 8mm Fisheye
39613109784_f91ff7589b_b.jpg

Rokinon 8mm Fisheye Fisheye Hemi defished
39426507505_b5de35236c_b.jpg

Rokinon 8mm Fisheye Fisheye Hemi Defish
40278925292_5b4523e21c_b.jpg

Shawn

Mike,
I've been trying to find that 20mm f1.8 lens in Sigma SA mount online and the only place I've found one so far is at the Sigma site. Its not even shown on the B&H or Adorama sites, and nothing on eBay either! Interesting.

Hi Jamie!

My first DSLR was the Sigma SD14, then I moved on to the SD1 Merrill so I have a lot of the older and in most cases discontinued SA mount Sigma lenses. One problem with using the older EX DG or EX DC lenses on the Sd quattro and Quattro H is that IMO the auto focus is not accurate. All the images I take using the older Sigma lenses on the Quattro are done using manual focus. I don't mind because I prefer manual focus; sometimes it's much faster than auto focus on a Sigma camera LOL!

Hi Jamie!

My first DSLR was the Sigma SD14, then I moved on to the SD1 Merrill so I have a lot of the older and in most cases discontinued SA mount Sigma lenses. One problem with using the older EX DG or EX DC lenses on the Sd quattro and Quattro H is that IMO the auto focus is not accurate. All the images I take using the older Sigma lenses on the Quattro are done using manual focus. I don't mind because I prefer manual focus; sometimes it's much faster than auto focus on a Sigma camera LOL!

Mike, thanks for the heads-up! I'm going to spend a bit more time using the 30mm in manual focus mode to see how I like that. I'd like to swap out the 18-35 for the 20, as I've come to the realization AGAIN that I don't like zooms.

Sigma Sd Quattro H, Sigma 50mm f1.4 EX DG lens (66mm on Quattro H)
Yokohama Doll Museum - Yokohama, Japan

SDIM2295.jpg

If one looks to the right of her head one can see a reflection of my left hand focusing the camera lens.
SDIM2276.jpg

Camera flash is not authorized in the museum - otherwise, have at it!

The Sigma Sd Quattro and Sigma 30mm f1.4 "Art" lens is a killer street photography set up.

The shutter sound on the Sd quattro is discreet and the 30mm lens is equal to 45mm on the Sd Quattro crop sensor.

SDIM2324.jpg

SDIM2386.jpg

SDIM2310.jpg

SDIM2314.jpg

All images taken on Feb 21st, 2018 in Yokohama City, Japan

You can adapt M42 lenses with a M42 to SA adapter and can do the same with Adaptall lenses too. That is about it for adapted lenses with the exceptions of macro only use or converting a lens to SA mount. Some have adapted Rokinon Canon mount lenses (safe flange focal distance) to the Sigma. I will be attempting this with a Rokinon fisheye as soon as it arrives.

For Sigma primes the 30 1.4 ART works fine on the SDQH, 50 1.4 EX and the 105 OS Macro does too.

Shawn

Hi Helen.
It seems to me that you've always been pretty much a small camera user, right? The Sigma SD Quattro cameras are pretty big. The bodies are a tad smaller than a typical DSLR, but the lenses are BIG and heavy. And beware, Miss H, working with the Sigma cameras requires a LOT of patience, both at the 'taking' end and at the post-processing end. But if you're looking for a camera that will slow you down to a speed conducive to much contemplation, the Sigma is for you! :p

Thank You Shawn & Jamie for the useful guidance & info.!!

Instead I just bought a Fuji X100T ...no need for adapters, getting myself crazy with lenses... having spent the last 10 years playing, having fun exploring every ltm/M mount lens

Simplicity in a one camera, fixed lens digital...

Thank You Shawn & Jamie for the useful guidance & info.!!

Instead I just bought a Fuji X100T ...no need for adapters, getting myself crazy with lenses... having spent the last 10 years playing, having fun exploring every ltm/M mount lens

Simplicity in a one camera, fixed lens digital...

Excellent solution, Helen. I’m a big proponent of OCOL, even though I often fail to follow my own advice. 😔

This camera & lens combination is so versatile - anything goes!

Sigma Sd Quattro, Sigma 30mm f1.4 "Art" lens
Yokohama, Japan (Feb 24, 2018)

SDIM2393.jpg

SDIM2408.jpg

SDIM2412.jpg

SDIM2430.jpg

SDIM2431.jpg

SDIM2447.jpg

SDIM2448.jpg

SDIM2456.jpg

SDIM2494.jpg

Spring is slow to arrive this year in Columbus, Ohio, the flowering trees are finally beginning to pop.

Sigma SD Quattro, Sigma 17-50mm f2.8, 760nm IR filter.

Mike, thanks for the firmware update.

LHL_sd_quattro-1.jpg

LHL_sd_quattro-5.jpg

LHL_sd_quattro-6.jpg

LHL_sd_quattro-4.jpg

Back