UK Region Northern Shooting Day

Apologies for the delay, I've had some nasty shifts to get through. I've got three to scan in, once the prints are dry. :)

Cool, can't wait to see them Dave.

Who have you been using for your prints Peter? I've found Peak to have taken quite a while the last coule of times I've used them.

Bobfrance said:
Cool, can't wait to see them Dave.

Who have you been using for your prints Peter? I've found Peak to have taken quite a while the last coule of times I've used them.

Ilford D&P Envelope service. Getting a scanner (hopefully) off a customer tomorrow so I will start dev'ing my own after the house move (been rushing round like a silly bu**er decorating etc, recently.)

Thanks guys for sharing your pics. Looking forward to the next ones.

Here's one I took on the Saturday night (M6, 35 'cron, Delta 3200):

1171087750_442bec35a1_o.jpg

Have developed all my rolls, just need to get scanning...

Cheers

Vincent

Glad to see you're getting round to posting pix Dave. We'll be due another meeting soon:) Good shots btw. I see the rodeo shot is proving popular.

Attachments

• wheel_web.jpg
    wheel_web.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 0
Nice shot of the wheel. It's more lethargy with me, when it comes to the darkroom. 20-30 minutes to set it up, nearly the same to dismantle it. After a day of problem-solving at work, the old grey matter just wants to switch off.

I'm getting more negatives than I can really print... that film scanner is becoming a must-have. :(

Another meet? Count me in, provided the shifts work out ok. :D

Nice work guys - I wonder if I ever dare shoot the Rodeo shot again? It is one of my favourites for lens testing - lots of lines and detail across the whole frame, plus you can spot any distortion near the frame edges (should it occur).

I have still 2 rolls of B&W to dev, like Dave, I just don't seem to have the time, something to do with up to 3 hours a day commuting :(

Maybe we should get Tom to host us in York next time?

Here we go. Just made a start on the colour negs.

Anybody recognise this intrepid street-shooter? :)

BTW anybody heard from Tom recently?
I'm curious to see his shots from the Saturday.

Attachments

• John-Neal.jpg
    John-Neal.jpg
    126.2 KB · Views: 0
Here's a couple from the 111c/summitar. Delta 3200 (!)

I will eventually get the hang of this new scanner, only been messing with it so far :)

(got scanner today and prints turned up today also)

Attachments

• Graffiti1.jpg
    Graffiti1.jpg
    160 KB · Views: 0
  • Graffiti2.jpg
    Graffiti2.jpg
    222.5 KB · Views: 0
Bob,

I wish you wouldn't......... ;)

Oh, BTW, I was in the Real Camera Co on Monday, and Jem had found out another of his £15 Kiev jobbies, so I just had to buy it, didn't I?

I'm going to have a play with it and see, if I don't like it, I will offer it up here for the same money - so watch this space!

Last edited:
vincentbenoit said:
Here's one I took on the Saturday night...Delta 3200.

Vincent, how do you like the Delta 3200? I've been meaning to try it for some time. How are the tones/contrast and how does it scan?

Regards
Ernst

ernstk said:
Vincent, how do you like the Delta 3200? I've been meaning to try it for some time. How are the tones/contrast and how does it scan?
When I tried it several years ago I couldn't get to like it, but at that time I was rating it at EI 3200 and having it trade developed. Recently I decided to give it a try again, EI 1600 and Xtol 1+1: huge difference! Tonality's very nice, not overly contrasty hence easy to scan; grain is sharp and tight, definitely visible but not obstrusive or objectionable.

You'll find examples in my Flickr gallery, just search the tags with "delta 3200".

I use it in 120mm format too, with results much to my liking. Actually there are only two things that keep me from using Delta 3200 more than I do: price (it's not the cheapest of films) and X-ray machines at airport...

Cheers

Vincent

By the way I'll be in Edinburgh this week-end to take pictures at the festival, let me know if you'd like to meet up at some point...

Vincent

Vincent,

That's a good idea. I'll be around most of the weekend. When will you be here?

I'll PM you with my email and phone details.

Regards
Ernst

This time some colour shots from our day out taken with the Pentax Espio Mini (UC-1).

1. shot of Johns favourite test wall.
2. Beer pumps in Mr Thomas's. B&W version posted in the gallery.
3. Peter looking up some cows skirt!

Attachments

• rodeo.jpg
    rodeo.jpg
    126.3 KB · Views: 0
  • pumps_col.jpg
    pumps_col.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 0
  • cow.jpg
    cow.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 0
Here's a couple more I've managed to scan in.

Took my newly aquired Hexar to Manchester with me today.

John, you'll be pleased to know I took the now obligatory test-shot The Rodeo Bar wall. :)

Attachments

• Men-In-Black.jpg
    Men-In-Black.jpg
    138.8 KB · Views: 0
  • Photographer-Urbis.jpg
    Photographer-Urbis.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Hi Bob

Congrats on getting the Hexar! Great camera, hope it serves you well. What lens are you using it with?

Cheers

Vincent

Back