UK Region London RFF Meet: June 18

I met someone from here at Speakers Corner on Sunday who let me know about this.
It sounds like a great day out and will definitely be coming along (probably for the 10:00 at Liverpool Street Station).

Looking forward to meeting you all,
Josh

I'll be along at 12:30 at Camden and know my way around there. I anyone wants my mobile no just let me know and I'll make a list for one PM

Mark

*excitement*

I bought myself another bag yesterday - a nice indie bag from H&M. Its smaller and lighter than the Technics record bag I was going to bring. With some foam inserts it may be perfect for 2 bodies and a few lenses and films etc.

MUST remember my Leningrad as well!!

Look forward to meeting you all,

Alright, just so you all know: Jo and I are going to be there for the whole day, for sure! We've been travelling France (until today) and have been avoiding the interweb like the plague...

See you tomorrow! :D
BJ (and Jo)

I'm just going to be there for a quick "hello - goodbye" at Camden. I've got a family thing on tomorrow pm, but I've got a camera to give to Ash and a lens trade with Kim.

Anyway, it'll be nice to meet some of you, no matter how brief it may be.

cheers

Gavin

A good day had by all yesterday in London (and Southampton for Ian who enjoyed a small excursion on our wonderfyul railway system :D ).

Good to catch up with Ash, Manny, Mark (inlondon) Kim, Kully, Josh, Gavin (briefly) and Jo and BJ from Canada. Sorry if I've missed anyone elses name but my memory has a small buffer for names :)

Camden town was an experience I want to repeat sometime. Speakers corner was a hoot also.

Ash and I following a valliant effort missed the correct train to the West but managed to get the later one with out any trouble. A little later and we might have missed that as well.

Thanks again everyone for making the day such a good one, the speakers corner heckle was nearly the highlight, pipped slightly by the beer, curry and company.

When I soup my rolls later this week I'll post some examples.

Yep was a great day, was brilliant to meet you all.

Can't wait to see that photo of me next to the guy with the top hat. Should be comical.

I'm about to soup up my rolls and if any pics come out they'll go right up here.

My industar-50 just arrived in the post so I need to have a play with that first though!!

Or we all go to the station in our home town, jump on the first train that pulls up, wait til you hear someone sneeze in your carriage, get off at the next stop and photo your journey back to wherever the pin in the map is!

Sorry I couldn't make it; I was "invited" to a BBQ and it was.... cancelled at the last minute. Great.

So I restored a Rolleiflex instead :/

Great to meet you all, hopefully I'll have some decent shots to post in the near future. Sorry I had to dash off early, I bet speaker's corner was a laugh. Was the guy with a horn on his head there? What's the story of "the speaker's corner heckle"?
Greg

Arr.. It was good to see everyone - and I held a Leica for the first time in my life, it killed any Leica GAS I may have had as I'd be much more comfortable beating large animals to death with my Zorki.

Sorry for buggering off at Speakers Corner, my g/f had finished her tourism and wanted Japanese food rather than a curry.

Same as! I got to handle Leica's and Bessa's and the RD-1 for the first time.

I have to say I find that the focusing patch seems tiny within these 'modern' cameras. I prefer the huge-looking really squinty one on my zorki. That said, those viewfinders are BRIGHT!!!

My 2 films have been souped and are drying off. I should have some small scans within the next 2 hours.

Last edited:
Tell me about it, belly was looking forward to some real food all day and I end up eating undercooked seafood...

Not a big problem Kully, at the end of the day London's curry is not real curry!

You need to come to Birmingham for that.

fgianni said:
Not a big problem Kully, at the end of the day London's curry is not real curry!

You need to come to Birmingham for that.

I second that, Coventry is close though :)

London curry is not bad though, just the Birmingham curry is err.... 'sharper' :cool: :eek:

You should all come down to wiltshire. Near to devizes is the Goa Balti House (not sure on spelling). It's a really great curry house. Spot on, and Kingfisher and Cobra on tap! :)

Ash said:
You should all come down to wiltshire. Near to devizes is the Goa Balti House (not sure on spelling). It's a really great curry house. Spot on, and Kingfisher and Cobra on tap! :)

Are you doing this on purpose to see where I end up next time? :D

Back