UK Region London RFF Meet: June 18

If Simon finds it difficult to come to Brum I don't have any problem in coming to London again, I did not get a lot of time for shooting the first time around ;)

Once again, sorry I missed this one, but I hope to be along next time...

Also very happy to come to Birmingham; I keep passing through on the train and it looks great from that perspective.

I also want to do "days in the city" in Manchester and Newcastle and just about anywhere else, so just keep those ideas coming.

And baltis are all very well, but everyone knows the real curry capital of Britain is Bradford :)

Tom

Hi Guys,

Thanks for a great trip on Sunday!
My film is souped and I will scan some shots and upload them over the course of the week.

Looking forward to the next one,

Simon Larby said:
.............Speaking of which i'm going there now to meet Jerome Meridol from he does some very cool layouts of photographer's works you should check out his site and that's not a plug to see my work BTW.
QUOTE]

Simon,
Have just got around to downloading the issue on your work from http://webphotomag.com/home.php.
Really excellent, sensitive work with a sympathetic layout by the web mag as you suggested. I know comparisons are odious, but a lot of it reminds me of the best of the Eugene Smith essays, especially Minamata. The, what I assume is the extended length of time you have taken so far with these "works in progress" shows in the results. Perhaps there is still some hope of photography as a vehicle for change rather than conceptual doodling.

Where and when is the exhibition you are printing for going to be on?

A :cool: PLUG
Very, very much worth the large download for those here who have not yet seen this issue on Simon's work yet.

'Twas an excellent day out guys; it was a pleasure to meet all of you. It started slow for me (probably less than 10 shots at the markets and the lock), but I must have burned three rolls at Speakers' Corner. What an experience! :D

Manolo: I haven't developed the pictures from our meet in September yet! Don't hold your breath, you'll pass out. I have a few pictures I took with Francesco's RD-1/75 'lux combo; I can go through those in them meantime and post any goodies.

Kully: You owe me a pint. You can pay it to Manolo, and some day in the future I'll collect from him.

Cheers lads,
BJ

I've uploaded four pictures from the meet to a gallery on my website. You can view them here: Speakers' Corner - June 18

All were taken with the RD-1 and 75 'lux, wide-open or f2. They are unedited, except for some sharpening (too much?). The 'lux is a beautiful lens, and the RD-1 viewfinder is excellent, if not a bit short for this lens. I was also impressed by the autoexposure; does anyone know if it's an identical system to the R3a?

Attached below is a picture of Francesco; it probably has the best focus of the bunch I took.

BJ

Attachments

• spcorner1.jpg
    spcorner1.jpg
    191.3 KB · Views: 0
Back