UK Region London RFF Meet: June 18

BJ Bignell

Je n'aurai plus peur
Local time
2:03 AM
Hello,

Jo and I will be in London on the weekend of June 17-18, and would love to have another London RFF get-togther. I'm thinking Sunday, June 18 for Speaker's Corner and whatever else grabs our fancy. We will, of course, make sure to experience all of the exciting things London has to offer (a-la-ManGo):
  1. Meeting fellow RFFers
  2. Visiting taverns
  3. Visiting an Indian/Chinese eatery
  4. Wearing out shoe leather
  5. Laughing at chimps
  6. Comparing camera straps
  7. Visiting more taverns
  8. Taking sneaky pictures of each other looking foolish
  9. Smoking fags
:D

This will be my very last stop in Europe before returning to Canada after almost a year on the road. It'd be great to meet some of you RFFers again, and maybe some new members for the first time.

If you're interested, speak up! We hope to see you there.

Cheers,
BJ (and Jo)

I'll need to check the dates but all being well I'm up for another London meet. I'll skip on the smoking though... cough. :)

I'd like to catch this one if I can as well. Having been in at the start of your trip it will be good to record the end!

Tom

Awesome, glad to hear that there'll be some people coming along. I'm pretty sure ManGo is in, but I think he's just playing shy... You there, ManGo?

Recon I'll take the train into London this time, plenty of time to book in advance and can enjoy the fine ale better. Will bring out the Bessa L & 21mm. Last time I shot mainly 35 and 90.

Note to self: Add some of the last gathering to the gallery :)

tom_f77 said:
I'd like to catch this one if I can as well. Having been in at the start of your trip it will be good to record the end!

Tom
Same here...

139958765_ecd61591ec_o.jpg

Vincent

I should be in London around that date
I haven't joined the UK regional club simply cos i'm not in the UK much so is it a members only thing? :D
not sure about speakers corner etc but i'm up for a few beers and a general chat late afternoon?

Simon

Last edited by a moderator:
Simon Larby said:
I haven't joined the UK regional club simply cos i'm not in the UK much so is it a members only thing? :D

Hmm, how does this "joining a group" business work?

My guess is that it would involve eating Chinese/Indian food, drinking lots of beer and smoking smelly fags. ;)

Thanks Mango i'll keep checking this thread to get further details nearer the time.

If I can make it, Count me in but other pressures may overide it. I am due to visit my father in Kent round about then anyway.

Kim

My guess is that it would involve eating Chinese/Indian food, drinking lots of beer and smoking smelly fags.
If you want to join, you don't have to do all of the terrible things ManGo says. If, for example, you don't like ale (HEAVEN FORBID!) you can ask an existing member of the club to drink your 'initiation portion'.

I volunteer. :D

I won't be in London by then as I would have already moved up to Oxford for the summer. A pity we can't meet. Have fun!

Clarence

I'd like to join (and turn up on the 18th).

Depending upon how much ale I get in me, I probably wouldn't mind giving the diving into the Thames from the eye a go either.

Back