Just Got an M3

chris-michele-2.jpg

chris-michele-3.jpg

chris-michele-4.jpg

My girlfriend shot some photos of me while I was shooting some photos this afternoon with my M3. I did some portraits of her on B&W film, but have to develop and scan them later.

Glad you got one Chris, I'm sure you'll make very good use of it.
Love that last shot of you by the way:D

Meter and M3, my preferred shooting rig.

I much prefer the old film spool to the quick loaders, the base plate being the only bore. In most English weather I'll be in a coat with pockets, but summer shirts are not the best.

It's always a happy sight to see someone out with one of the most beautiful cameras ever made!

Meter and M3, my preferred shooting rig.

I much prefer the old film spool to the quick loaders, the base plate being the only bore. In most English weather I'll be in a coat with pockets, but summer shirts are not the best.

It's always a happy sight to see someone out with one of the most beautiful cameras ever made!

I liked the quick-loading system in the M6 better. I had a pair of M6 bodies before I had my stroke and had to sell all of my Leica gear years ago. My right hand does not function correctly anymore and I often drop things, like the take-up spools in my Leicas.

I was standing on a foot-bridge over a river in Fort Wayne when Michele took most of those photos, but I walked off the bridge to change film because I feared the spool ending up in the river if I dropped it....and I DID drop it while reloading (It didn't go in the river since I was off the bridge when it happened, thankfully).

A more than good enough reason! I just don't seem to have the knack with the fast loader.

Dropping that in a river would have been a quick way to ruin a day!

I've finally gotten some of the photos I've made with my M3 scanned! I've been shooting a lot with this camera in the last month, about 15 rolls of Tmax 400 so far, and I absolutely LOVE it.

2020-07-05-0003-crop.jpg

2020-07-05-0004.jpg

The very first photos I shot with it. My cat, Sneaky, sitting on his "Feed Me" stool in the kitchen. He's annoyed that I am taking pictures instead of feeding him.

Tmax 400, developed in D-76 1+1. Canon 50mm f1.8 LTM lens at f2.8

Good deal it was I guess.

Where is one person in USA who sells Barnacks after CLA and new curtains, half-mirrors if needed. They are not overpriced. He is available on ebay and gives warranty for each Barnack sold, serviced by him.
His CLA is 90 USD and curtains are not expensive either.

Good deal it was I guess.

Where is one person in USA who sells Barnacks after CLA and new curtains, half-mirrors if needed. They are not overpriced. He is available on ebay and gives warranty for each Barnack sold, serviced by him.
His CLA is 90 USD and curtains are not expensive either.

I know Don Goldberg (DAG) sells Barnacks he rebuilds, but he charges over $300 for a CLA. His rebuilt Barnacks are only about $400, which is a good deal considering the cost of the overhaul that is included. I bought a IIIf Red Dial from him that I love, it works flawlessly.

The M3 I used for the photos of my cat above was bought from someone here on RFF.

I know Don Goldberg (DAG) sells Barnacks he rebuilds, but he charges over $300 for a CLA. His rebuilt Barnacks are only about $400, which is a good deal considering the cost of the overhaul that is included. I bought a IIIf Red Dial from him that I love, it works flawlessly.

The M3 I used for the photos of my cat above was bought from someone here on RFF.

His is not Don Goldberg. He is person who worked for Leica for decades.
I paid 260 USD for serviced by him IIIc. His turn around for CLA is something like two weeks, not a Don either :).

2020-07-04-0004.jpg

The last Big Boy Restaurant in Fort Wayne. The owner decided to close it permanently last month, after being temporarily closed due to the coronavirus pandemic. This is in the Waynedale area, a part of Fort Wayne that was once an independent small town.

Leica M3, Voigtlander 28mm f3.5 Color-Skopar LTM, and Tmax 400 developed N-1 in D-76 1+1.

2020-07-06-0002.jpg

Teenagers paddleboarding on the Saint Marys River in Promenade Park in downtown Fort Wayne, Indiana.

Leica M3, 90mm f4 screwmount Elmar, Tmax 400 developed N-1 in D-76 1+1.

Great pictures, Chris! The product shot at the top of the thread is excellent too--M3 almost looks like an oil painting.

Hey Chris, Congrats on the M3, looks like you got a nice one.

And I do miss the Big Boy, grew up down the street from one in Cincinnati, and loved the food, I'm sure it's unhealthy, but boy did it taste good.

Best,
-Tim

Back