What have you just BOUGHT?

I've been getting B&W magazine which is different than B+W, I'm going to let them go when this subscription expires. I just don't seem to like most of the content in it. How would you describe the content in your magazine?

Hasselblad 907X with the 50mp back. Bought it for the back to put on my 500 CM. I also got a Leica M to Hasselblad X adapter to use my M mount lenses on the 907 body, that should be interesting.
arghhh! I really want a similar digital back for my 503cx

arghhh! I really want a similar digital back for my 503cx
It works splendidly, one little problem is that Live View won't work with the older bodies. No big loss I suppose, I just happen to be one of the few who use live view a lot. My M adapter will be here in a week and that should solve that issue.

I've been getting B&W magazine which is different than B+W, I'm going to let them go when this subscription expires. I just don't seem to like most of the content in it. How would you describe the content in your magazine?
I like it. I have recently resubscribed, but it is UK focused. It mainly focuses on photographers and portfolios rather than technical articles and product reviews although these are covered sparingly. It also has book reviews and listings of UK exhibitions. I find it useful for keeping up to date.

It works splendidly, one little problem is that Live View won't work with the older bodies. No big loss I suppose, I just happen to be one of the few who use live view a lot. My M adapter will be here in a week and that should solve that issue.
Live View works - I just tried it on my 1000f. If you hit the Live View button then open the shutter on the 'B' setting it will work.

Congrats on getting the camera -- looking forward to seeing some photos!

A tiny Sirui AM223 carbon fiber table top tripod and ballhead combo. Was looking something a bit more flexible than my old Manfrotto table top tripod.

T

The strap must be in great demand, out of stock already.

There are a lot of camera totting train buffs around here; especially on a Sunday. I frequently see hoards of school boys on the train platform with nice cameras taking pictures of the trains.

They also make a strap to match the seats on the Yamanote line. UNX-8668

Mike

Live View works - I just tried it on my 1000f. If you hit the Live View button then open the shutter on the 'B' setting it will work.

Congrats on getting the camera -- looking forward to seeing some photos!
Thank you Vince, I've been trying a bunch of different ways, does the 1000 have a shutter in the lens or in the camera? I tried something like what you mentioned and didn't get far. Pix will come when I finally get the exposure figured out. I know my lenses need service and they seem to be off. I have a recent Sekonic 308 and a PME 3 that seem to agree within a stop and they all under expose when using the recommended setting. If I increase the EV value on the lens it solves the problem until I get the whole kit serviced.

Thank you Vince, I've been trying a bunch of different ways, does the 1000 have a shutter in the lens or in the camera? I tried something like what you mentioned and didn't get far. Pix will come when I finally get the exposure figured out. I know my lenses need service and they seem to be off. I have a recent Sekonic 308 and a PME 3 that seem to agree within a stop and they all under expose when using the recommended setting. If I increase the EV value on the lens it solves the problem until I get the whole kit serviced.
The 1000f has a focal plane shutter. I can try it tomorrow with my 500C. Can’t see why it won’t work.

Curiosity got the better of me and I tried it just now. Yes it works with my 500C and my 60/4 Distagon.

Did you make sure to set the ‘camera type’ to 500? Make sure your camera is set to that, electronic shutter is off. Set your lens to B, hit the LV button on the rear screen and then depress the camera’s shutter. Live View will come up.

I got it to work, I had to crank the ISO up to 6400 and set the EV at 6 and at that it was a little odd looking, I really don't see a use for it with the 500, Holding the shutter open for as long as it takes my feeble brain to declare the image suitable to take makes the exposure blown out. I wait for the lens adapter with bated breath. Thanks for the help.

It is a very pretty camera, small and dense. I had the lens already and it fits the body well. Unfortunately the fast/slow selector on the rear of the body is stuck on the slow speed settings so not sure how much I will actually be able to shoot with it.
Found Rick Olsen's diagrams to remove the top cover and took a peek inside the Contax D.

Turns out the high/low speed selector switch just had some very hardened grease on the rear of it. That along with a pretty strong detent in it made it not slide from high to low as I wasn't going to force it. The selector mechanism inside was fine. Cleaned out the old grease on the switch and put a touch of white lithium grease on it and put it all back together. All speeds working now.

IMG_6146.jpgIMG_6147.jpg

This week I bought 8 expired (1989) 110 format Kodak Verichrome pan 125asa cartridges.

Or I WOULD have done, if the browser I was using could work with ebay's bidding thingy. I didn't know this at the time. It does work with the "buy it now" thing. IF I'd tried bidding a few minutes earlier I would've been able to switch to a different browser which may have worked.

Back