What have you just BOUGHT?

This❤️

A comeback after a few years hiatus, a Wetzlar unit from 1987, just a few months before moving production to Solms. Still in the honeymoon period making sure there are no leaks, frame spacing is consistent, no shutter capping and in general, no quirks.
Very happy to report that, after one test roll, all looks 👍

IMG_3378.jpeg

This week I bought a couple of metal 620 format take-up spools as I want to check whether the old 6x9 Welta folder that I'd tried to run a 120 film through, but couldn't wind it all the way is in fact a 620 camera. It was supposed to be a welta perle but it has "Welta" where other examples have "Perle". But if it IS a 120 camera, I want to find out if the slimmer 620 spools allow full winding of the film. Dunno if there is a spacing difference between the frame numbers.

I'm on the trail of a f3.5 (nope, not a mistake for f3.9, unless the mistake was made at the factory) Agnar Isoly III, but I don't think the German seller wants to post it to the uk

I also bought an Agfa Isoly III, because of the 16 shots of 4x4 on 120 thing, though I don't know the filter/hood size:

Attachments

• my agfa isoly III  1.jpg
    my agfa isoly III 1.jpg
    279.3 KB · Views: 6
Aren't the later signet 30, 50 and 80 supposed to be pretty poorly made and unreliable?

If Flash Gordon from the 30's serial was ever going to use a camera it would look exactly like the Kodak 35 Rangefinder with all the "sticky-out" bits.

Edit: Nearly forgot that this week I bought a roll of 620 format kodak gold 200 which expired in December 1996.

Last edited:
I ordered a Voigtländer 35mm f/2.5 Color-Skopar pancake lens from eBay because it is so pretty.
The lonely nights on the sofa with Internet and Google Pay can become very costly!

Screenshot 2024-03-23 at 06.52.46.png

Is the moderator approval only for newbies or is it for life?
No, I am not going to tell you how to run your site. Just being curious.

I purchased the Lomography Konstruktor, but I unearthed the p&s cameras, Apollo-Soyuz postage stamps, and fish paperweight from my mom's place.
SoView attachment 4835018
What and where were you in 1975? Are you feeling nostalgic? The Soviet Union was to last forever, the Vietnam War was costing lives, and nobody was asking why. My first real camera, which I bought in 1976, was an AE-1. I was a thin, barbed, cynical leftist university student.
I knew everything; that's one thing I miss.

What and where were you in 1975? Are you feeling nostalgic? The Soviet Union was to last forever, the Vietnam War was costing lives, and nobody was asking why. My first real camera, which I bought in 1976, was an AE-1. I was a thin, barbed, cynical leftist university student.
Some things change, some don't. In 1975, I was also a thin, barbed, cynical leftist university student. Today, I'm no longer thin or a student. ;)

In 1975, I was barely out of grade school in the western USA, but fascinated with coverage of space exploration, as long as it didn't preempt my favorite TV programs! I didn't have a clue what liberals and conservatives were, and neither did I care. And maybe that was one of the joys of my youth :p

Aren't the later signet 30, 50 and 80 supposed to be pretty poorly made and unreliable?

If Flash Gordon from the 30's serial was ever going to use a camera it would look exactly like the Kodak 35 Rangefinder with all the "sticky-out" bits.

Edit: Nearly forgot that this week I bought a roll of 620 format kodak gold 200 which expired in December 1996.
No idea actually - this is my first foray into the Signet world. I’ve always liked the looks of the 35 and 40, so they’ve been a bit more on my radar screen than those other models you mentioned. And I don’t know if the 35 and 40 are considered reliable or not — we’ll soon find out :)

A Lumix 14mm 2.5 lens. I paid less than a 100.00 for it. I don't know what is going on but here lately I have found excellent deals on used m4/3 gear on ebay. The lens should be here in the next couple of days.

This week I bought a Rolleiflex SL26. Seems to work well enough, though I have my suspicions about the slower speeds. I don't have a battery for it but if the expired films I'll be using need much compemnsation it'll be easier to use a hand-held meter anyway. There is a tiny mark on the front edge of the lens, so I'll be replacing that. The wind-on action is a bit rough/loud compared to my other cameras and as for the shutter noise and mirror slap, well, it can only be described (when translated into German as) "Der Klunk!", if you're not sure what that means, just remember the noise of any mid 70's Praktica slr.

Not quite new this week but at least new in the sense of first use - a STAEBLE - KATA f3.5 50mm lens. Bought with a Braun Paxette Super 11B camera with a TELON lens only to find out that it isn't for that camera! I have to assume its an enlarger lens as there is no focusing. So with a 39/42mm adapter ring and a helicoid its gone onto my Lumix GM1. Focusing 12" - infinity and beyond. First shot lacked a bit of contrast. Set at f3.5 it improved with a tad of sharpening. I'm pretty pleased. I'll be using it again.
Does anybody know anything about the lens?

This week I bought a Rolleiflex SL26. Seems to work well enough, though I have my suspicions about the slower speeds. I don't have a battery for it but if the expired films I'll be using need much compemnsation it'll be easier to use a hand-held meter anyway. There is a tiny mark on the front edge of the lens, so I'll be replacing that. The wind-on action is a bit rough/loud compared to my other cameras and as for the shutter noise and mirror slap, well, it can only be described (when translated into German as) "Der Klunk!", if you're not sure what that means, just remember the noise of any mid 70's Praktica slr.
Nice little camera; I loved the one I had back in the seventies. If I remember correctly, mine was made in Singapore. Not sure how to translate "Der Klunk!" into Malay, though being onomatopoeic, it's probably still close. ;)

2 rolls 135-36 Kodak E100 film + Fujifilm prepaid processing mailers (Dwayne's)

About $80 grand total shipped from Adorama

I usually only shoot color once per year, on my annual autumn leaf-peeping trip.
Timing of my trip, weather and fall foliage hasn't worked out the last few years.
Hoping for better luck this fall...

Chris

Back