What have you just BOUGHT?

Total impulse buy on this Contax. Was getting a Nikon DK-17M and it was near the 'virtual' register....

53556575723_14ab1f60cd_b.jpg

53556826400_0230dfb396_b.jpg

Realized after I took the shots that it has a little fold out leg to keep it upright so I didn't need the cap.

Watching what happens when you take a shot is great.

It is a very pretty camera, small and dense. I had the lens already and it fits the body well. Unfortunately the fast/slow selector on the rear of the body is stuck on the slow speed settings so not sure how much I will actually be able to shoot with it.

I have never handled one of those, what's the viewfinder like? Reasonably bright, easy to focus?
The mirror and viewfinder is small so the viewfinder is fairly dim (with some vignetting) compared to anything modern. That is with the f2.4 lens. Totally matte screen except for the outside edges which makes it kind of look like brightlines. Haven't seen that one a SLR before. There is an internal reflection in the finder below it that is odd. See the pic. Having said that focus isn't hard in any sort of reasonable light as it pops into place like on a matte TLR.IMG_6099.jpg

My third Leica Summar lens. It is the only lens that has consistently kept me fascinated. Although this latest copy is a little stiff in the focus and aperture I managed to unscrew the front element and clean behind it. A previous one had what appeared like striations in the back elements (fungus?) which I am not sure can be cleaned.20240203_220112.jpg20240203_220112.jpg

Last edited:
Rolleiflex 2.8F (12/24 version). I don’t think I needed it, but the price was 790€, so… I still have to test it, but even slow speeds sound ok, the camera is super clean and smooth. Lenses are spotless. I’m still not sure if I was so lucky today or I’ll find out some hidden flaw soon…

Last edited:
New addition to the fold. Canon 35/2.8 with viewfinder, caps and case. It was one of those 'bargain' condition KEH purchases that turned out to be much nicer than its condition rating suggested.

If you look closely you can see a nice red 'E.P' mark on the underside of the lens.

New Canon Lens by Vince Lupo, on Flickr

Boringly a multiple bit screw punch for leather. I'm making straps - easy enough to be enjoyable, challenging enough to be satisfying, and cheaper c than therapy.

The little PEN takes me back to the days I used a PEN-D - still have it stored away.

Just bought a BRAUN Paxette Rangefinder for its Cassarit 50mm f2.8 lens together with a Staeble-Telexon 135mm f3.8 complete with original caps.
Wanted the lenses not the Paxette body which although working I will dump. The Cassarit is pretty small, the Telexon a bit of a lump in comparison.

Sponsored Ad – Urth Lens Mount Adapter: Compatible with Nikon F Lens to Leica L Camera Body

Urth Nikon F lens to Leica L mount adapter. I am curious to see how my Nikkor Ais lenses perform on the Leica SL2S.

That will be interesting. I use various Ais and zf2 lenses on my S1r fairly often. You might expect better performance on the SL2S.

I’m waiting for an F to GFX adapter to arrive - that will be an interesting set of experiments, albeit the word on the net is that not many of them are that useful on the larger sensor (with relatively thick and unusual cover glass).

When I had the 50r I tried some F lenses on it. The 85 1.4d *almost* covers at infinity and is pretty OK closer in. The 24mm 2.8 won't cover but works great in 65:24. I think the 55 2.8 was fine and really a nice lens on the GFX. The older 35mm and 28mm PC lenses worked well and even had a little bit of shift.

Back