What have you just BOUGHT?

For a long time I had been curious about the 7Artisans 50mm f/1.1 lens. Never came across one at the right time.
Well, I came across one. Always priced right, so I grabbed it. Finally got one.

I'm happy with it. I have so many 50mm lenses, it joins the group with its own set of unique characteristics. So it's fun.

In a momentary fit of weirdness I bought an Ansco Memo (1927 version). According to the seller everything seems to work, both cassettes are included. Should be here next week.

When I had the 50r I tried some F lenses on it. The 85 1.4d *almost* covers at infinity and is pretty OK closer in. The 24mm 2.8 won't cover but works great in 65:24. I think the 55 2.8 was fine and really a nice lens on the GFX. The older 35mm and 28mm PC lenses worked well and even had a little bit of shift.
Thanks. 65:24 was one of the things I was hoping for to be honest. I’ll report back elsewhere as I try things out.

Mike

For a long time I had been curious about the 7Artisans 50mm f/1.1 lens. Never came across one at the right time.
Well, I came across one. Always priced right, so I grabbed it. Finally got one.

I'm happy with it. I have so many 50mm lenses, it joins the group with its own set of unique characteristics. So it's fun.

I found a second hand one a little while ago. I had to slightly tweak focus, and it has a lot of focus shift from f1.1 to f2.8, in try Sonnar style, but it’s a nice ‘brush’. I’m pretty sure this was shot with it - obviously not at 1.1…

U25074.1708890588.0.jpg

DSC_9814.JPG

A stash of 60 ml bottles. Having given up on Ilford getting any ID-11 into the shops, I invested in a jar of Ilfosol 3. As it may take a little while to get through, I intend to decant it into 60 ml (60 ml at 1+9= 600 ml = 1 Paterson tankful) bottles for storage.

I'm a big fan of riding the trains in Japan so I couldn't pass on this camera strap.

UNX-8669 Keihin Tohoku Line E233 series seat camera strap

4907822086693-1.jpg

This is a UN original camera strap (made in Japan) that uses seats from the E233 series on the Keihin Tohoku Line, a train representative of JR East's metropolitan area. The vehicle's seat fabric is highly durable, so it can also be used in a camera system with a telephoto lens attached to the camera. (All fabrics are new, and the outer fabric is made of flame-retardant material.) In addition, we have adopted a strap width of 40 mm to reduce shoulder and neck fatigue.

*Note: Image and information is from the UNX-8669 website

All the best,
Mike

Last edited:
Agfa Super Silette with the 50mm f2 Solagon, found at a semi-local antiques emporium. I've heard great things about this lens, though it seems to be kind of under the radar -- comparable to the Ultron or Xenon it seems. So this was quite a deal at $20. (I know; gauche of me to mention the price, but that's the proverbial icing on the cake.) The shutter leaves were gummed up but seem to be OK now. I will need to remove the top cover to adjust the rangefinder, which stops just short of infinity. No case, alas, since the camera body has no strap lugs, but you can't have everything. Focusing is a little stiff but quite acceptable -- unusual for Agfas of the later '50s.

That would be the stunning Nikon Z8. I will finally have one platform for Leica M+R lenses and those from Konica AR, Pentax M42, K-Mount (including the honkin' 67 lenses that have been under-loved these past few years) Pentax AF, Nikon F-mount, S-mount, AF the list goes on. I may have to attach the very oldest lenses that I have via more than one adapter. Fun!

This week I bought four kodak gold ultra 400 110 cassettes, expired 2004-2006 for my recently bought minolta 110 zoom slr mkII. I now have 12 gold ultras, 11 fuji superia 200's, 6 tiger 200's and 4 orca 100's (I know, I shouldn't have bought the Lomo films without testing one to see if they've bothered trying to make these new ones usable first). Only to find my mkII decided to die after taking 3 shots.

Sometimes, I wonder why I bother.

This week I bought four kodak gold ultra 400 110 cassettes, expired 2004-2006 for my recently bought minolta 110 zoom slr mkII. I now have 12 gold ultras, 11 fuji superia 200's, 6 tiger 200's and 4 orca 100's (I know, I shouldn't have bought the Lomo films without testing one to see if they've bothered trying to make these new ones usable first). Only to find my mkII decided to die after taking 3 shots.

Sometimes, I wonder why I bother.
Sometimes you eat the bear, and sometimes the bear eats you.

I just bought a Voigtlander NOKTON 50mm F1.2 (x-mount) for use with my Fujifilm X-T4.

Additionally, I procured four (4) rolls of Ferrania P33...hopefully I get a chance to try it out this weekend.

I bought a Konica Auto S2 with plan of taking the lens off to adapt to my Z6. Rangefinder patch was gone, but I glued it back on. This has an awesome, wonderful finder. It is so nice that I can’t take its lens off. The Konica rangefinders were really great, parallax, close focus size, all showing in the finder. These are great cameras that will never be made again. So, looking for another that is otherwise not salvageable but with a good lens. I want to use this lens on the Z.

T
I'm a big fan of riding the trains in Japan so I couldn't pass on this camera strap.

UNX-8669 Keihin Tohoku Line E233 series seat camera strap

4907822086693-1.jpg

This is a UN original camera strap (made in Japan) that uses seats from the E233 series on the Keihin Tohoku Line, a train representative of JR East's metropolitan area. The vehicle's seat fabric is highly durable, so it can also be used in a camera system with a telephoto lens attached to the camera. (All fabrics are new, and the outer fabric is made of flame-retardant material.) In addition, we have adopted a strap width of 40 mm to reduce shoulder and neck fatigue.

*Note: Image and information is from the UNX-8669 website

All the best,
Mike
The strap must be in great demand, out of stock already.

Hasselblad 907X with the 50mp back. Bought it for the back to put on my 500 CM. I also got a Leica M to Hasselblad X adapter to use my M mount lenses on the 907 body, that should be interesting.

Back