What have you just BOUGHT?

Dunno if I should post this here, but this week I nearly bought a Rolleiflex SL26. There were several to choose from, with one including the 80mm and 28mm lenses as well. I think I would've bought one had I been able to find enough 126 film in the UK which was also faster than 100 asa and hadn't expired in the 80's.
If you can figure out the film issue, get one! I had one of these in the early Seventies, and it was brilliant, with killer lenses. Despite all the drawbacks of 126 film, I still think it was a good idea that could have worked.

If you can figure out the film issue, get one! I had one of these in the early Seventies, and it was brilliant, with killer lenses. Despite all the drawbacks of 126 film, I still think it was a good idea that could have worked.
I would've loved to have had one in those days - all those controls and even for a cack-handed idiot like me easy to load and unload, unfortunately money was so tight I would've barely had enough money to buy 1 or 2 films per year and get them printed, but I wouldn't have been able to buy anything else until I left school, nil, nought, zilch, zero, not even a copy of the Dandy comic which at the time was 2p.

Dunno if I should post this here, but this week I nearly bought a Rolleiflex SL26. There were several to choose from, with one including the 80mm and 28mm lenses as well. I think I would've bought one had I been able to find enough 126 film in the UK which was also faster than 100 asa and hadn't expired in the 80's.
You can 3d print reloadable cassettes but not sure if they would work in the SL26. I have used them in the A26 but it took a little tweaking of the design to make it work along with a mod to the camera.

Speaking of things almost bought.... a Koni Omegaflex M with all three finders, the 90mm, 220 film back and a 20mm extension for $300. That was *very* tempting but I knew I'd never really use it. Also knew that if I could hold out long enough it would sell quickly. Which it did.

Just pulled the trigger on a mint Rollei 6001, dirt cheap. It will complement the 6006 nicely, since it's a very stripped-down model without TTL metering or any automation besides TTL flash. It's simplicity and recent vintage (post-1998) incline me to trust it more, as well.
Fun fact: at the end of the golden age of film in the early part of this millennium, Rollei dealers offered a promo whereby anyone who bought the ultimate bell-, whistle-, and gizmo-laden 6008 could purchase a 6001 "studio camera" for $200.00 additional. Too bad I didn't have eight grand to drop at the time.

Finally I took the plunge. In the past I always looked slightly envious at all the people using digital monochrome Leicas. I had this slight feeling on envy since the M9M. Unfortunately, there wasn’t any possibility for me to acquire one for various reasons. Now with some extra money saved and gained for last year I thought about going for the M11M. Newest, “best”, ecc. But I wanted to have a new lens, too. Both? Impossible. In the end, I have found a M246 for a reasonable price and at a dealership a brand new chrome 35/1.4 “steel rim” Summilux. The M246 looks quite new and not much used.
Now I think about acquiring a multipurpose handgrip, the one with the GPS. Is this really a necessary and even useful tool? In terms of ergonomics for sure. But in terms of battery consumption? Information overload? Well, I’m not quite sure yet.

IMG_7857.jpeg

Just picked up a Voigtlander 15mm f/4.5 for my Bessa L. Planning to bring it to Laos this spring along with my Nikon FA and 50mm f/1.2 and 35mm f/1.4 lenses. Still have two rolls of Neopan 1600 left!

Attachments

• 423903640_911389330571332_2174564191249262304_n.jpg
    423903640_911389330571332_2174564191249262304_n.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 2
I purchased a cheap Panasonic 45-150 zoom for my m4/3 cameras to shoot the grandkids at sporting events. It shipped by USPS from New York City to Dallas, which is about 80 miles from where I live. Great. Woke up this morning to find that the lens is now in Denver, which is about 800 miles away from me. Yet, it is scheduled for delivery today. I am not holding my breath...

The other week I bought a Mamiya-Sekor C 45mm f2.8 S lens for my M645 1000S, but there were a couple of grease marks on the inner surfaces of one of the rear elements. The seller told me when he got it thee lens had a seized diaphragm and He'd fixed it so that would explain it. I sent it back and He's cleaned it properly. Unfortunately for me, it has now lost the little red dot thing that is lens's mounting index thingy. Luckily the thing it sticks to is still there. I've written about it this week as I got it back yesterday.

I also bought a Tamron "Macro field kit". The booklet ain't a lot of use and I don't suppose I'll use the water sprayer much, nor the hotshoe accessory thingy, but there is a stiff Grey card (the back of it could be a White card but it's not mentioned anywhere), and a 12" silver/white reflector which I'm STILL having trouble folding even after watching clips of how to do it, lol.

I purchased a cheap Panasonic 45-150 zoom for my m4/3 cameras to shoot the grandkids at sporting events. It shipped by USPS from New York City to Dallas, which is about 80 miles from where I live. Great. Woke up this morning to find that the lens is now in Denver, which is about 800 miles away from me. Yet, it is scheduled for delivery today. I am not holding my breath...
This is becoming the norm with USPS. Recently I shipped a package to Long Island from Albuquerque. It went to NY, where it was "out for delivery", then the next day it was in Dallas, and the next day at my local post office, apparently shipped there because of the return address. Then it was off to NY again, and delivered two weeks after first shipped.
I request that sellers always ship to me by FedEx or UPS, even if there is a higher charge. USPS is in its death throes, but if you think it's bad now, wait until they manage to privatize it!

This is becoming the norm with USPS. Recently I shipped a package to Long Island from Albuquerque. It went to NY, where it was "out for delivery", then the next day it was in Dallas, and the next day at my local post office, apparently shipped there because of the return address. Then it was off to NY again, and delivered two weeks after first shipped.
I request that sellers always ship to me by FedEx or UPS, even if there is a higher charge. USPS is in its death throes, but if you think it's bad now, wait until they manage to privatize it!
Well, they finally shipped the lens back to Dallas from Denver- a 1600 mile roundtrip for nothing. From Dallas, they put it on a truck and it arrived at my local post office and will be delivered tomorrow morning. At least, it will be delivered- I hope.

Hard to tell from the pictures, but these lowly box cameras look like they're more solidly made than most of the plastic lumps currently sold to professionals. For sure, they'll still be in us long after those lumps have gone to the landfill.
(It's fun being a Grouch!)
To be honest, I was very surprised by how lightweight the Juwel is, the metal is surprisingly thin (the Altiflex I have from the same company seems similarly lightweight). Might be why they are tough to find today. The Zeiss on the other hand feels about the same as a regular box camera, by no means is it heavy, but it's also smaller than most boxes (it shoots a 6x4.5 format - looks are deceiving).

Just made the mistake of snooping around on eprey and found an lower than average priced Super-Takumar 1:4/50mm. Second series 7 element Thorium type. Should be nice on my Pentax H1a body :)

It's filthy but for less than $60, I can live with having to clean it ;)

s-l1600.jpg

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 2
This week I bought a Tarion PB-01 camera backpack. I was worried that there wouldn't be enough room for my Mamiya M645 1000S with 3 lenses, 3 spare 120 inserts with cases and a square filter holder, with a number of nd filters and the plastic "lens hood" things. Even though I don't have the filter set etc. I had to include the space I thought it would take up.

All of that just fit into the bottom section.

Unfortunately there is something wrong with the lower right hand side of that compartment's zip - sometimes there's a half inch wide, 1 inch long gap between the teeth of the zip so it'll have to go back. This was there before I even unzipped it the first time.

The padding on the shoulder straps is a bit too wide - will probably cause chafing on a full day out.

The padding on the waist belt is nowhere near long enough to rest the bag on my hips, and the straps on this bit are too short to be properly adjustable.

Unfortunately, I can't find any other bag big enough in both compartments for a day's trekking supplies and camera gear except the Endurax version which is the same bag but with Green bits on the zips and is more expensive, and the K&F concept one which is basically the same but with no padding on the back panel of the lower compartment. There are some much more expensive ones, but they don't look big enough in one compartment or the other.

Back