Your thoughts on Nikkor 50/1.8 AI-S Japanese pancake version

@Rob-F, hope your lens arrives quickly and in good mechanical condition! Would love to see some photos you make once you start using it, and whether you have any thoughts about the lens.

Nikon FM2n, AI Nikkor 50mm f/1.8S, Kentmere Pan 400, developed in LegacyPro L110 at 1:31 for 5.5 minutes.

2022.07.03 Roll #310-07217-positive.jpg by dourbalistar, on Flickr

@Rob-F, hope your lens arrives quickly and in good mechanical condition! Would love to see some photos you make once you start using it, and whether you have any thoughts about the lens.

Nikon FM2n, AI Nikkor 50mm f/1.8S, Kentmere Pan 400, developed in LegacyPro L110 at 1:31 for 5.5 minutes.

2022.07.03 Roll #310-07217-positive.jpg by dourbalistar, on Flickr
It's here already! I can get eBay stuff from Japan (also Luigi cases from Italy) faster than from Tennessee! I looks very pretty. Can't wait to take a few shots with it.

It's here already! I can get eBay stuff from Japan (also Luigi cases from Italy) faster than from Tennessee! I looks very pretty. Can't wait to take a few shots with it.
Nice! I once received a lens (via DHL) in two days from Japan to California. The logistics to have something delivered overseas that quickly is incredible.

2022.12.03 Roll #323-07662-positive.jpg by dourbalistar, on Flickr
That’s beautiful. This is the first time in this thread I’ve seen anything close to a ‘problem’ with the performance of this lens. Quite amazing, although Nikkor pancake users seem unusually capable of identifying good light.

That’s beautiful. This is the first time in this thread I’ve seen anything close to a ‘problem’ with the performance of this lens. Quite amazing, although Nikkor pancake users seem unusually capable of identifying good light.
Thank you, @Freakscene! I took that photo out the driver's seat window, so I had limited ability to get a more favorable angle. We were stuck in traffic jam on our way down the mountain on New Year's Day from Lake Tahoe here in California. It had snowed heavily the night before and you can still see it dusting snow in the image.

Back