With the recent Kodak news, are you stocking up on film?

With the recent Kodak news, are you stocking up on film?

• No, I am not alarmed in the least

Votes: 131 47.8%
  • No, but planning to

Votes: 42 15.3%
  • Sort of, buying some favorite films

Votes: 69 25.2%
  • Yes, stocking up on lots of film

Votes: 20 7.3%
  • YES! Buying a new freezer to hold more film!

Votes: 5 1.8%
  • What is film?

Votes: 7 2.6%

• Total voters
Oh! That is ever sadder! I will stock some T-Max definitely!

What is even sadder? That they still make film and are just selling the factory to try to ensure future generations have film?
You're not making sense, or are you just pretending to be dumb? Y'know just for effect...

I just started shooting 120 film with a newly acquired Rolleiflex and thought that this would be a good time to transition away from Kodak, only because Tri-x, which is my favorite in 35mm is so much more expensive than other choices. Trying HP5+ in 400iso and Fuji Acros 100. Too bad Arista does not make their film in 120. Any other suggestions for black and white 120 films?

Arista doesn't make film, it buys and re-badges whatever it can get. It sells 120 film under its EDU Ultra name they are made by Foma in the Czech Republic.

I use Foma in 120 it costs about £2 a roll in the UK

Not stocking up on Kodak, not too worried on that front. I suspect that Kodak will be making film for quite a while. If not, nothing I can do about it.

However, since Efke 25 is one of my favorite emulsions, I immediately starting buying it at every opportunity as soon as I heard the news that they were going out of business. That film is going to be tough to replace.

I'm not hoarding any Kodak, though I am making sure I have at least a few rolls on hand of Portra and Gold. I have no attachment to Tri-X or Tmax, but Ilford doesn't make colour and I prefer Kodak's warmer colours to Fuji's cooler ones. So, my colour film of choice is Kodak Portra 160/400 and Gold 200 (and Fuji Superia 200). It would suck if these stopped being made, but I'm already beginning to delve deep into B&W photography, now that I've began processing it myself. I see myself shooting less and less colour now. Worst case scenario I'll just shoot Fuji or go to digital for colour (latter being more likely).

Kodak has unknowingly forced my hand. I tried Delta 400 as an alternative to Kodak Tri-X, (should the worst happen) and I found I might actually prefer it !

I don´t care if they kill my BW400CN - the Ilford XP2 isn´t bad either - but killing colorfilm would make deep troubles for me, cause I don't like the Fuji colors.
I hven't found a film to replace the EliteChrome!

I am a little concerned about the film availability in the future, but I have enough film stored in freezer and the refrigerator to last me for a couple of years. I don't plan to purchase any more now. - jim

Back