The Sigma Foveon M : Please Share your Monochrom Images

18154547413_25f54f6b3f_c.jpg

are those jpg OOC or post processed?

As for my 3 images, they're the large (lotsa MB) jpegs with tonal curve adjustments. My better angel tells me I ought to be devoted to raw and to relishing each opportunity to work in SPP, but my lazy devil is pretty satisfied with extra fine extra big jpeg. If I do another Sigma project at the coast, though, where the highlights are searing and glare can cause banding in the sky, I'll stick to raw/SPP/tiff to LR.

I never use ooc jpegs, not worth the trouble IMO. For me the magic is in the RAW files. I shoot only RAW and I keep a good number of files on the card and only "develop" them when I have time.

Much like Roberts', my workflow is RAW/SPP/tiff to LR as well. I like SPP and mostly only use LR for file management and exporting to jpegs etc.

Thanks Robert

Thanks Robert

I like your OOC photos. the others all look photoshopped.

As for my 3 images, they're the large (lotsa MB) jpegs with tonal curve adjustments. My better angel tells me I ought to be devoted to raw and to relishing each opportunity to work in SPP, but my lazy devil is pretty satisfied with extra fine extra big jpeg. If I do another Sigma project at the coast, though, where the highlights are searing and glare can cause banding in the sky, I'll stick to raw/SPP/tiff to LR.

For me its Raw/SPP/Tiff/ to Elements 6 (which is mostly used to export the jepgs).

Any tonal adjustments are done in the Sigma software.

With other cameras I`m happy with the out of camera Jepgs

Sorry to hear your Dp2m got pneumonia, Michael. Do you want a replacement? Im probably going to put my Dp2M up for sale here soon, now that I have a DP2Q. Id be happy to see it off to Blackpool (in a dry bag of course).

Robert

Back