Sigma DP2 Merrill color photos, please!

Finally got to go out with the camera yesterday for a good seesion. I will post some soon... once I figure out how to process them best.

Putting up my first set now, after taking Amtrak Cascade to Seattle and then the ferry onward to Victoria, B.C.

8199387044_4c638e5c27_c.jpg

8198379537_706415ca28_c.jpg

8199419712_699282418f_c.jpg

Initial observations, definitely 'film like' I'd say it has a look that is different than from my 5DMKIII, the resolution is close,
I am not a pixel peeper, but it looks sharp enough - these are all straight from the camera exported to half size .tiff, no correction.

In wine country.. But u still need a coke, right?
Dp2m medium size raw converted to tiff16.

Gary

Attachments

• image-3973686791.jpg
    image-3973686791.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 0
Hard not to be impressed with the DP2m. I don't use mine much, but when i do I love the results for stuff where I need every little bit of detail to show.

Stunning shots this camera is really getting me thinking!
I liked these cameras so much that i now have three Merrill cameras. Dp1m, dp2m and sd1m. If u do not have a camera store near u that has these cameras for rental, the lensrental.com website now has the dslr version sd1m available.. There is no one that I am aware of currently renting the dp Merrill's.

Right now the dp2m is my default grab camera. The dp1m I have started to play around more as a scale focus to c how well it will work for me as a street cam (decided to give street a bit if a go lately). The sd1 when I need wider lens selection (10-20f3.5, 18-200f3.5-6.3, 70f2.8 macro w/ 50f1.4 and 30f1.4 in the future).

Good color up to iso 400 maybe 800. B&w up to 3200. If I want high color iso I tend to grab my Fuji x series cameras.

Gary

I was at an afternoon Pizza party at my sculptor friend's place on Saturday and took the DP2M with me. There was a lot of rather arty people there and in particular a very good German/Canadian photographer Joachim Froese who spends a lot of his time in Australia and has had several successful exhibitions in Brisbane. He is a master printer who now shoots quite a lot of digital and I was curious to know what his choice of digicam was ... it turned out to be a 5D Mkll. I was telling him about the Merrill and he was fascinated by it and asked if he could take a look at it ... he was completely intrigued and spent quite a while checking it over and asking me questions about it. He was a little gobsmacked that something that looked like the little Sigma produced a 46 meg file! :D

Back