Show us your Olympus 35xx

I rewarded myself for working too much with a 35 RC from Frank Timann a.k.a. "OM-Doktor". Everything operates smooth, it works with cheap 1.5v cells now and i found a vintage Vivitar 43.5mm yellow filter @eBay. This little thing is magic. BTW: Hello RFF!

foto1t9s6rh9sgo.jpg

Wilkommen in RFF! Nice little camera, great 'gateway drug' rangefinder. I have trouble getting sharp pics with mine, but since I don't have a second one to compare to, I don't know whether I have a dodgy example of the 35 RC or dodgy focusing ability with my myopic eyes. Anyway you can't beat the portability of this thing, and they're cheap/plentiful enough to use as a 'toss in the bag and go anywhere' camera that you don't have to worry about injuring. (Cf. $1000s Leicas...)

--Dave

I rewarded myself for working too much with a 35 RC from Frank Timann a.k.a. "OM-Doktor". Everything operates smooth, it works with cheap 1.5v cells now and i found a vintage Vivitar 43.5mm yellow filter @eBay. This little thing is magic. BTW: Hello RFF!

Welcome, Artingei!

I had a couple of 35 RCs, both of which were stolen while traveling abroad. Great little cameras! Wish I had one still.

- Murray

I need an SP or other Olympus rangefinder. I have an XA and XA2 already, plus a table full of OM's.

Just missing one of these beauties.

I need an SP or other Olympus rangefinder. I have an XA and XA2 already, plus a table full of OM's.

Just missing one of these beauties.

They're wonderful cameras. I'm actually selling this one as I have two and also found a black one. I have way too many cameras because I only sell one when I have multiple copies of it :eek:

my humble little RC, soon to arrive to replace a previous RC l lost a few years back:)

Attachments

• $_57 (1).jpg
    $_57 (1).jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 0
Bending the rules a bit. This was before I bought an RC and added a Pen or two. Still searching for a nice SP. Also not shown, a few more XAs and OMs. I swear they breed!

52vr71mh.jpg

May I present my 35RC. The previous owner put grey griptac on the body -- very secure to shoot with. The lens on the 35RC is phenomenal.

18769765520_c55acc94a6_z.jpg

tumblr_o5608fE4Rc1ttze3po4_500.jpg

im thinking that there should be another way to 'turn off' the metering other than using the case, otherwise it really cuts down on your readiness for taking pictures everytime you need to take the top half case off. any ideas? (a little 'lens' cap thing for the metering window?)

Back