Show us your Olympus 35xx

Hi Jalpuerto, thanks for posting.
I had never seen that flash. Its not the flashes described in the instructions manual (you can see them in the pictures above), but it shure looks great.
Well, maybe it can be mentioned in another manual different from mine... If you have this manual, it would be great to see it.

Hey OlympusRF, didn't come with the manual sadly. I tried looking up info on it a few days ago when I first got it, but a quick search didn't turn anything back. Since I'm in Japan, what it probably is is a flash that was released in Japan near the time of the PS 100 G, but not released anywhere else because it doesn't really feature anything over the 100 G except an auto mode for f/4 and f/5.6 at ASA100. The buttons along the top are very similar to the ones on the 100 G, except the test fire button doubles as the orange ready light. Also, the chart along the back is similar, but in black and lists the correlation between the auto modes and the film speed you're using.

6807539047_8caf4dd073.jpg

6631498589_054432dae3.jpg

7456968946_9f2c2a7b90.jpg

This camera had some getting used to. But I finally decided it was the best of the 60's-70's lot for me. I had the CLA from Hermanson, I have not looked back. It is every bit as sharp and contrasty as any of the the others I tried, even my Leica IIIf. And it is small, with a very good meter.

Rare Olympus 35 UC

Rare Olympus 35 UC

Unfortunately had to return this rare 35 UC (which is described as the "elusive") to the seller because it had the start of what appeared to be lens separation on the edge of the lens. A shame, as the camera was in pretty good shape otherwise. This camera was the final version of the Olympus 35 SP(n), and had a functioning spot meter button and functioning battery check.

image.jpg

My RC newly wrapped in mahogany goat kidskin from Camera leather, and fantastic new strap from Gordy's camera straps. I love this camera.

olympus3sp.jpg

Just picked this up today at a thrift shop for under $40. The camera appears to be in nearly mint condition except the light meter is off.. though that could be a battery issue.

--
Bill

Back