Pennsylvania May NYC Meet-UP/May Philly Megabus Trip

Calzone

Gear Whore #1
Local time
10:18 AM
To accommodate Pro-Mone we established a black out time not to have the Meet-Up or Philly trip to be the middle of the month, and it kinda works out that we could say have a regular NYC Meet-Up early in May, and later in May a Philly Megabus Trip.

I figure later in May will be milder/warmer/hotter weather so as a day trader I would hedge the weather in our favor.

Anyways save the dates.

Also there was some talk about doing an overnighter in Boston. A while back Maggie and I took the train, and we found nice accommodations not far from the Amtrack terminal (walking distance). This location was really convenient and from where we stayed we walked pretty much the entire city. I kinda like the location becaus it was also a safe place where I would go out night shooting. The rates were not too bad, but was very valuable was its central location. For our 4-5 day stay we used no mass transit, and walking Boston is pretty easy to do.

Cal

Well i'm in on this one. But guys, can we please avoid the museum? Just wondering around and shooting is much better

The last Sunday in May is the Memorial Day week-end....How about first Sunday in June? JUne 4.

Pramodh: no museums -- only prisons, ghettos, and good food.

Well i'm in on this one. But guys, can we please avoid the museum? Just wondering around and shooting is much better

Pro-Mone,

I had no intent to visit Eastern State Penitentury. My intent is to wander around Philly for a day.

Cal

The last Sunday in May is the Memorial Day week-end....How about first Sunday in June? JUne 4.

Jean-Marc,

I like the word ghetto btw. Ghetto's mean hipsters haven't taken over yet.

Sometime in May I will be going to Miami to scope it out.

I am open to June, but I definitely want to do mucho walking. I really want to know Philly and the more off the beaten path the better.

Cal

Cal, let me know when you are in Miami. I am there usually once a month, sometimes more often.

Cal, let me know when you are in Miami. I am there usually once a month, sometimes more often.

Jean-Marc,

We are going to scope it out for a retirement destination. The hot weather will be good for my long-term health, but my white girl fashion blogger gal who is English, Irish, and Dutch I don't think is made for tropical heat and humidity.

Know that Hong Kong and Canton is the same lattitude of Cuba, so I have the right genes being Cantonese extraction to deal with the heat and humidity. I remember doing one of my "Death Marches" in NYC with Pro-Mone when the heat index was over 100. Pro-Mone was kinda worried that I would get heat stroke, but it was Pro-Mone that suffered. LOL.

Also know that I use to be a rather big sports fisherman, and I can see me fishing the flats with a fly rod. Kinda too flat for mountain biking, no single track, but I'm not so sure what the road bike scene is there. I can see me getting ultra-fit and getting a hard gym body.

At one time I was rather fluent in Spanish, and I could read a Spanish newspaper. This was due to marrying a Costa Rican, and we use to fight in Spanish all the time. It was like I Love Lucy, except it was not funny at the time, but now it is.

In my wanderings through Latin America I would get asked where I was from all the time because I did not have the accent of a Gringo.

With a cost of living that is about a third less than NYC I pretty much could retire comfortably. The Bricker part of downtown that is the banking center is where we would want to live.

Cal

Jean-Marc,

Seems like my Miami trip will likely be in early June. Call me a kept man or a luxury item, but Maggie is paying for the hotel and airfare.

We will be in the "Bricker" section where all the banks are.

I can see myself going into "Bankster" mode doing my swing trades. EST for me is kinda important.

Cal

Jean-Marc,

Seems like my Miami trip will likely be in early June. Call me a kept man or a luxury item, but Maggie is paying for the hotel and airfare.

We will be in the "Bricker" section where all the banks are.

I can see myself going into "Bankster" mode doing my swing trades. EST for me is kinda important.

Cal

Funny you mention trades. After all the Rolleiflex talk in the March meet thread I've got a personal thing trying to get a Rolleiflex for "speculative investment purposes"... Triggered by a Listing of a 3.5E2 for $345, but lost the deal because of refused $100 shipping.

I've got a move coming midterm though and shouldn't scoop gear up :p

Miami: Hot, humid and beaches. Got the latter in summer here in Spain so not something I crave now. Ironically I may later on after the move.

Funny you mention trades. After all the Rolleiflex talk in the March meet thread I've got a personal thing trying to get a Rolleiflex for "speculative investment purposes"... Triggered by a Listing of a 3.5E2 for $345, but lost the deal because of refused $100 shipping.

I've got a move coming midterm though and shouldn't scoop gear up :p

Miami: Hot, humid and beaches. Got the latter in summer here in Spain so not something I crave now. Ironically I may later on after the move.

Sorry to here your Rolleiflex buy didn't work out for you, maybe something
else will come along at a better deal!

Jorde,

It does seem that laying in wait seems to bring the most remarkable deals. This seems to happen a lot for me. I kinda stumbled into my Whiteface 3.5F.

My unusual Wetzlar M6 with the Wetzlar engravings and Titanium finish kinda found me, not the other way around.

On a spiritual note it does seem that even Leica built the MM especially for me.

I would just let things happen and go with the flow.

Bob above seems to get his fair share of get this way also.

Cal

Cal, are you talking about the Philly trip? May 1st is today.....

Jean-Marc,

May first is today, and it was just a bump.

So far we have nothing planned. Yesterday April 30th was the April Meet-Up which was late due to the holidays.

Cal

Thanks Cal. Couldn't make yesterday's meet -- I am in Miami (though not in the Brickell neighborhood).

Back