Going to San Francisco on Dec 26

Mike -- Great shots! I particularly like the first one... and the second one too. Did you shoot those w/ your Standard? What lens? What film? What developer?

I'm up for a February meet. I'll bring the RFF-approved GPS units, so Bob and I won't get lost again (hint: they're made by Cosina).

Hey Bingley,
Yup, Standard with the Canon 28mm, Delta 400 in DD-X. Sorry again about ditching you and Bob. The others wanted to, and I'm weak.

More snaps.
attachment.php

Papercut on the lookout for angry Sactoans.....
attachment.php

Attachments

• Img189.jpg
    Img189.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 0
  • Img204.jpg
    Img204.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Steve, that's a nice photograph with the lady by the black cube.

Kent, was the urban cowboy in Market or Mission? That's some really nice shot!

I posted some of the SF digital shots in THIS THREAD. I still haven't developed the roll in my M3... and I'm sure I'll find some surprises there!

Again, you guys are a fun bunch, and any RFF member visiting San Francisco should meet with them if they visit that fine city. :) I intend to return, and will let you know when. Thanks for posting the photos of that day!

We'll just bring one of those fancy "child locator" units to put on you next time, Steve! ;)

I'm up for a February meet too!

Mike -- Great shots! I particularly like the first one... and the second one too. Did you shoot those w/ your Standard? What lens? What film? What developer?

I'm up for a February meet. I'll bring the RFF-approved GPS units, so Bob and I won't get lost again (hint: they're made by Cosina).

Last edited:
Francisco - The "Urban Cowboy" shot was on Market Street.

As for a February meet just let me know, I'd love to go. I did a shoot this past weekend in Chinatown, very fun with ridiculously good weather. I got to work out my 70+ year old 73mm Hektor... worked nicely on the M8. Below are a couple of shots from it.

Kent

73mm Hektor

3195443977_fe5151e8bb_o.jpg

3195444137_bf6ddf5dca_o.jpg

hahahaha -- it would be quite the funnaaaay! ;)
here's my contribution (sadly, a "bounce shot" and not even taken with a RF, but with the snazzy little GR1v):

Kevin, are we still on for our "plan" regarding the Museum's architecture shots. ;) Everyone got a shot, right? :D

3200828176_172c39c2f6.jpg

Last edited:
I am waiting to see the Bruce Gilden GR1v flash in the face posts! I still think the Gilden-Winogrand flailing arm/flash combo technique would be a beaut to watch unfold :)

Kent

hahahaha -- it would be quite the funnaaaay! ;)
here's my contribution (sadly, a "bounce shot" and not even taken with a RF, but with the snazzy little GR1v):

3200828176_172c39c2f6.jpg

Haha kent ... sadly none of the Gilden-inspired frames turned out well. I think I was just too far away with the 28mm. Must practice more. You may be onto something though, marrying the Gilden flash with the Winogrand arm-flail may be the way to go! I keep picturing that in my head, with an off-camera flash like Gilden uses it would have to be a two-arm flail...which might appear threatening and that might lead to some very interesting shots! ;)

--- Kevin

... I keep picturing that in my head, with an off-camera flash like Gilden uses it would have to be a two-arm flail...which might appear threatening and that might lead to some very interesting shots! ;)

--- Kevin

The shot to get would be from a 3rd party of the people around you looking at you like you've blown an aneurysm!

KD

Back