Classic Camera Repair Forum (KyPhoto) resurrected

I suspect that the problem may have come about due to the fact that their library hasn't been archived since 2009 so that when you want to access Maintenance & Repair all 12481 posts are downloaded which takes an awfully long time. This may be why their hosting company are complaining.

The Archives from 2004 to 2009 are still available on wayback machine.

http://web.archive.org/web/20130906030322/http://www.kyphoto.com/cgi-bin/forum/discus.cgi

We will be doing our best to host Classic Camera Repair Forum as part of RFF.

How that will be done remains to be seen, as there are software and compatibility issues which have to be overcome.

However with luck it should be sorted out in several weeks.

Stephen

Thanks, Stephen -- please keep us posted! If this works out, it will make this site even more valuable than it is already.

How that will be done remains to be seen, as there are software and compatibility issues which have to be overcome.

Stephen

Does this mean I'll have to be a moderator again? :D

PF

Stephen
Stephen,
thank you for that. I personally believe it can only add to the value of the site for members and visitors. It's a great initiative.
Cheers,
Brett

Stephen

Thanks a lot Stephen, this is great news !

Classic Camera Repair Archive on RFF

Classic Camera Repair Archive on RFF

There are indeed problems into importing CCR into RFF's software.

For the time being, CCR in archive form (no posting) can be found here
http://rangefinderforum.com/classics/forum/messages/board-topics.html

Please lets other CCR members know.

If you know anyone who has had experience importing Discusware software into VB Bulletin, please PM me.

Thanks,

Stephen

Way cool, Stephen! Thanks, good luck on the migration, that it may work out soon.

Will the CCR archives have a link in the left hand menu on the front page, for easy access?

Maybe an announcement in the RFF news section too, so that it surfaces on the front page for the next few weeks? EDIT: Belay that, it's already up! :)

Meanwhile, I suggest we all link to topics in the archives whenever a repair question arises that was also addressed in the CCR forums!

Hallelujah!
Can't think how many years its been since members there talked me through (offline) replacement of a Yashica Pad of Death after posting pleas for help.

No idea what my original username had been - that was all several computers ago - but the membership was the most non-judgmental and generous I'd ever found on the 'Net. Long may it wave.

Back