Zeiss ZX1?

6800 RAW, and over 50,000 JPGs. Seems sufficient for most, but won't be surprised to hear someone say it is inadequate for a day's saturation bombing mission.
I was on a ten day trip to Iceland last year and made fewer than 1000 images (RAW), which was still a lot for me, so the ZX1 internal memory sounds more than adequate. I still think it is too big for a point and shoot. Compare it with the Sony RX1MII:

sonyrx1mii_zeisszx1.jpg

And with the Fuji GFR50:

fujigfr50_zeisszx1.jpg

I still think it is too big for a point and shoot. Compare it with the Sony RX1MII:

sonyrx1mii_zeisszx1.jpg

It`s not really a P&S though... it`s a fixed lens camera, but a quite capable one. I agree it is too big... somehwere between the Sony and the Zeiss would be my sweet spot... or the RX1 with a smaller lens.

the ZX1's size is very traditional compared to classic fixed lens rangefinders.

Zeiss ZX1: 142 × 93 × 66 mm

Canonet QL17 GIII: ‎120 × 75 × 60 mm
difference: 22 × 18 × 6 mm

Yashica Electro GSN: 152 × 92 × 76 mm
difference: -10 × 1 × -10 mm

6800 RAW, and over 50,000 JPGs. Seems sufficient for most, but won't be surprised to hear someone say it is inadequate for a day's saturation bombing mission.

Shame we dont have a thumbs up function...here one. 👍

I love this idea. Transfer files wirelessly to my iPad or Macbook after a day lf shooting. I think the most I have ever done when street shooting is maybe 500-700 or so in Tokyo or Hong Kong. 6800 is just fine.

Everytime I hear folks mention two card slots I just laugh bahaha. :)

Well I had a film camera that had two film slots alas each slot could only do one shot and I could not use both at the same time. I am not bothered about two card slots last card that died on me was 2005 and that was a very cheap CF card.

My understanding was that Zeiss re-acquired the rights to the Contax name a few years ago. Knew something was coming, had thought it would be nice to have that Contax script across the front.
As far the shape, it might actually turn out to be very ergonomic, but only time will tell.
Will be interesting to see how this shakes out in reality once tested. Not that I need something else.

Is it a proven fact that Zeiss has re-acquired the Contax name back from Kyocera? I've heard some rumors about that, too. But I have so far nowhere seen an official statement.

It's a bit strange with this new camera: I've been on the Photokina this week (it ended yesterday). Zeiss has not had a booth there (first time since decades). At the third day on the fair I've heard about the camera.......

I love this idea. Transfer files wirelessly to my iPad or Macbook after a day lf shooting. ...

don't all the current camera models provide this already? and many also in-camera raw editing, e.g Fuji models.

will be interesting to see if Android OS is left open for app store downloads, e.g. editing with Snapseed would be neat.

from all the recent announcements of cameras, am saving my pennies for the Sigma Foveon camera with L-mount :rolleyes:

It`s not really a P&S though... it`s a fixed lens camera, but a quite capable one. I agree it is too big... somehwere between the Sony and the Zeiss would be my sweet spot... or the RX1 with a smaller lens.

The Sony RX1 is too small for good handling. For good handling size, the Leica M-D and Leica CL are close to ideal. The Zeiss is a bit tall by comparison. But it's not that much larger and might fit my hands nicely, like the SL did.

I'd have to work with one a while to say more than that.

The Sony RX1 is too small for good handling. For good handling size, the Leica M-D and Leica CL are close to ideal. The Zeiss is a bit tall by comparison. But it's not that much larger and might fit my hands nicely, like the SL did.
I like the size of the Sony RX1. It fits my hands. Not surprisingly, the SL felt bulky to me. People have different size hands. Glad there is choice.

Is it a proven fact that Zeiss has re-acquired the Contax name back from Kyocera?

I don’t know, that was my understanding, that the time that Kyocera had to use the trademark, had expired several years ago..and Zeiss had reassumed sole control of the trademark. . Lawyers know, I don’t. It probably does not matter at this point. The last bodies Zeiss made were Contarexes and those had issues, so maybe they didn’t want people bringing that up.

Back