Zeiss ZX1?

Interesting!
Strange design... I'm not quite sure wheter I like it or not. A RX1 doesn't seem to be worse.

Seems like there was some influence from Sigma. Seems to have some DNA from the DPM and DPQ.

I think it could be interesting. I like the dedicated shutter speed, ISO and aperture dials.
Could be more like a 35mm Leica Q and less like the Sony RX1.

I think it looks awesome! Really well thought out and designed... One of the most innovative piece of photographic gear I've seen in awhile...

Next make it with interchangeable lenses and an EVF and it can join the queue with along all the other FF mirrorless cameras just announced .

Looks interesting, specially that it has a Distagon rather than a Sonnar (I would have preferred a Biogon, of course, but they probably wanted a telecentric lens design, perhaps due to the work required to engineer an offset microlens array on a custom sensor).

I hope the Lightroom CC functionality is purely optional, I have no intention of being a serf on Adobe's pay-forever subscription plantation.

As for the name, "ZX1" is way too close to "RX1". Looks wise, I'd say it looks more like a Leica T with elements of Sigma DP Quattro than the RX1, however.

all of the fuji x100 shooters who want a full frame sensor and only use the EVF :)rolleyes:) are going crazy right now.

ugly but i like the minimalistic design.
is this a sign that Zeiss will release their own FF next year, like what Sony did with the RX1?

this is zeiss's first camera since the zeiss ikon, and i am very excited!

android, internal memory, tone-perfect feature set.

i'm getting ahead of myself, but zeiss could become the coolest camera maker of the '20s.

My understanding was that Zeiss re-acquired the rights to the Contax name a few years ago. Knew something was coming, had thought it would be nice to have that Contax script across the front.
As far the shape, it might actually turn out to be very ergonomic, but only time will tell.
Will be interesting to see how this shakes out in reality once tested. Not that I need something else.

There's a lot of expensive cameras coming out soon. Some of them might be limited time only!

At least Zeiss put some interesting ideas into this. Sure is ugly... but in a good way. Hope its easy to grip...

Cute, but unmatured.
Add ISO dial and focus scale, then it is.

it has an ISO dial. really hoping it has a linear focus ring!

topview-3.jpg

Back