W/NW : Motorcycles

I always liked commuting to class when I was teaching graduate students 20 years ago. Parking for motorcycles was right outside the classroom building and much cheaper than a car.

Of course, commuting in downtown Atlanta traffic was always… challenging. 🤨

Last edited:
And finally, about five years ago I decided I needed a BMW for my cross country rides (and the Sporty didn't handle worth a damn) so I sold the Harley and bought this:

Beemer.jpg

And I've taken exactly ONE cross country trip on it since, and will probably put it up for sale in spring. After forty-three years of riding, I no longer have the passion to swing a leg over. Kinda sad about that, but "What ya gonna do?"

Best,
-Tim

Last edited:
U1.1693329540.1.jpg

Motorcycles/ Two

i believe these are American made...( i've seen some Hondas ride by Pasadena Police)

Pasadena, Los Angeles County, USA

Image taken by Taipei-metro

Canon APSC T4i,
Canon 18-55 Lens made in Japan

Last edited:
I went to the Toronto Motorcycle and Powersports Show yesterday specifically to look at the 2024 Royal Enfield Bullet. The online photos of the ‘Maroon’ Bullet don’t do it justice - such a beautiful bike in-person. In case you’re wondering, those gold stripes are still done by hand by the second generation of the same family that first started doing them and with their own special paint mix. I also spent about 15 minutes speaking with Gordon May at the booth about this bike and Royal Enfield in general. He had just completed riding one of these bikes across India and absolutely loved the experience.

I test-rode a Classic 350 a few months ago and really liked it, so hopefully a Maroon Bullet will be a milestone birthday present to myself in two years. Gotta get a house built first!

13681CF0-8A23-4DF6-98C7-E42BAF1982EB.jpeg

Last edited:
Triumph Rocket III Roadster
Until today I was unaware of this motorcycle; it looks like a beast!​
U69954.1708414663.0.jpg

Fujifilm X-H1 camera
Fujinon XF 18mm f1.4 lens
February 2024 - Yokohama, Japan​

Back