W/NW : Motorcycles

S1010206.jpg
S1010207.jpgDSCF3638.jpg

My other bike is pretty much as far away as you can get from the Triumphs. Extremely light, 692cc single cylinder in Cyberpunk package.

I'm off to a quick moto-camping with the Svartpilen 701 today.

If anyone here like motorcycles and camping, check out my YouTube channel I started last year. (I'll be adding more photography aspect to it bit by bit)

^^ Oh boy , do those pictures bring on a shiver ! If that's one of the later FJR 6 speed units , I had the pleasure ( :( ) of doing
warranty transmission replacements on them for two winters . Finally got it down to 3 days labour . I don't think I could
concentrate for that long now :) . Peter

Last edited:
Ape hanger handlebars and fishtail muffler pipes!
He's living the dream!​
DSC03048.jpg

DSC03049.jpg

Photographer: Yokosuka Mike
Sony A7III camera
Sigma 90mm f2.8 DG DN Contemporary lens
January 2024 - Yokohama, Japan​

Ape hanger handlebars and fishtail muffler pipes!
He's living the dream!​
DSC03048.jpg

DSC03049.jpg

Sony A7III camera

Known as cheque book bikies in Oz. lol

• Love
Reactions: Dan
Never understood the appeal of the ape-hangers. Your body is opened up like a sail to the wind, not to mention the control issue. But each to their own. I’ve always run standard low bars, where I can crouch into the wind if I need to.

Photographic images of a Man on a Motorcycle​
DSC02988.jpg

DSC02989.jpg

Sony A7III camera

What model and year is that Ducati? 😎

This is Sport Classic 1000S from 2007. Sport Classic series was a bit too early to the market before cafe racer trend caught up, and combined with pretty hardcore geometry a la actual classic race bikes of the 70s, it wasn't really popular and got discontinued quickly. This is the S version that has rocket cowl, which has basically the most extreme "cafe" riding position of all.

This is Sport Classic 1000S from 2007. Sport Classic series was a bit too early to the market before cafe racer trend caught up, and combined with pretty hardcore geometry a la actual classic race bikes of the 70s, it wasn't really popular and got discontinued quickly. This is the S version that has rocket cowl, which has basically the most extreme "cafe" riding position of all.
Very cool Ducati… thanks for sharing. 😀😀😀

^^ Oh boy , do those pictures bring on a shiver ! If that's one of the later FJR 6 speed units , I had the pleasure ( :( ) of doing
warranty transmission replacements on them for two winters . Finally got it down to 3 days labour . I don't think I could
concentrate for that long now :) . Peter
Actually this is a 2006 FJR, with a 5-speed transmission. It’s the first sports-touring bike I have experienced. It is an amazing machine.
B724CFEC-AF28-4FAE-8074-002B9DC9536D.jpeg

Spring is right around the corner in our little part of the world. Can’t wait!🌞

Dreams abound about riding around on our suburban/rural roads on a classic standard motorcycle like a Bonneville, Kawasaki W650, various Hondas, and countless other interesting bikes.😃

I remember my first ride on a Honda in high school while working my dream job at a local beach! An amusement park beach with regular Rock bands, celebrity appearances, and… well… everything a teenager could imagine and it was definitely the best job ever, and adding a standard motorcycle to all of the sensory overloads…. Well, let’s just say summer fun was fantastic and I kept going back to that job until I graduated and went off to university campus life at age 17.

The next motorcycle that influenced my young life was a 1969 Honda CB 750. But I really thought I wanted a ride like Peter Fonda’s in Easy Rider. LOL. I am grateful that never happened! But I did get close enough with my first two Harley motorcycles.

Sweet dreams are made of these… right?😃😃😃

Back