W/NW : Motorcycles

SYM ( San-yang Motor Co Taiwan)

Duke 125 (center),

Dajia Ward, Metro Taichung, Taiwan

Img by Taipei-metro

Canon APSC T4i,
Canon 18-55 Lens made in Japan

Last edited:
Very nice ... did you add the twin leader front brake?
Good eyes, Keith. I believe the two leader front brake were new for 1967/68 and they were often added as dealer upgrade to the 66. It's still NOTHING like disc brakes, but hey ANY added stopping power is welcome.

I owned a new '69 BSA Lightning and a friend had a '68 Lightning , the brake cable on my '69 came in at an angle close to
the angle of the fork slider and my buddies' '68 brake cable came in almost parallel with the pavement . IIRC the '68 also had
a large chrome dish on the opposite side of the drum . It was a memorable time :) . Peter

At first glance, I thought it was a 650cc (I owned a T120R), but the exhaust is 500 scrambler. It may be a mod.
I was trying to work out why a 650 would have those types of pipes. As you say they must be custom.

Adding to it, the header pipes look like original swaged double walls, too, which is puzzling. I didn’t think 500 pipes would fit the 650s. It’s an attractive mod as he 500 scrambler pipes look better than the 650 scrambler’s.

Adding to it, the header pipes look like original swaged double walls, too, which is puzzling. I didn’t think 500 pipes would fit the 650s. It’s an attractive mod as he 500 scrambler pipes look better than the 650 scrambler’s.
I keep going back a page to admire that bike. It's bloody lovely and I think it needs to be on this page as well! lol :)

DSCF0268.jpg

I believe that photographs should be credited to the person that created it.​
DSCF0268.jpg

Image by Yokosuka Mike
Fujifilm X-S20 camera
Fujinon XF35mm f2 lens
November 2023 - Yokohama, Japan​

I believe that photographs should be credited to the person that created it.​
DSCF0268.jpg

Image by Yokosuka Mike
Fujifilm X-S20 camera
Fujinon XF35mm f2 lens
November 2023 - Yokohama, Japan​
You'll need to post it again on the next page as well you realiise. lol It's a pity you didn't get a shot from the other side ... I would love to see the exhaust system on that bike.

Ah, yes, motorcycles. So far, I have posted photos that I must give credit to the actual photographer, my good friend, Joe and fellow RFF’r (gnuyork), since I was on the other side of the lens as part of the subject material. Admittedly , a most uncomfortable experience. 😇

A couple more from the Leica S (the first one heavily cropped due to the distance on the rider’s training course tarmac). Thanks again to Joe 👍…

Leica S
(Saddlebags removed):
Dave and Kurt Calulating by Leica S December 2023.jpeg

B724CFEC-AF28-4FAE-8074-002B9DC9536D.jpeg

This is one of the more recent images, sadly only an iPhone snap during a detailing session which is something I have enjoyed doing since working my way through grad school many years ago.

iPhone 13:
IMG_5417.jpeg

Looking for more detailing projects…😂

A Ducati anyone?LOL…

Dave

Attachments

• IMG_5417.jpeg
    IMG_5417.jpeg
    395 KB · Views: 1
Back