Who is Interested in a RFF Street Forum?

Yep, I'd definitely be interested in a street photography forum - it's my main area of interest in photography!

I'm amazed there hasn't been one up until now ... it's past due IMO.

... I thought it already was

Quite.

Street photography seems to fit (in different ways) into various parts of the forum, and there have been several dedicated threads.

But, if there were a separate part of the Forum, then, yeah, I'd be in there.

There are currently no genre-specific forums on RFF. A street forum would open the door to other interests, such as portrait, landscape, macro, events, and so on. One couldn't exactly say no, because why single out street photography?

Still, I think that would be a good step. Anything that shifts focus away from gear and toward photography seems welcome to me.

Maybe add a new master forum category called "Genres" and make Street Photography the first forum. Add others as folks express interest.

John

That's interesting idea. Actually I already started several street photography threads (links in my signature) and they are all in Leica M Film forum.

I'm not sure if I should ask to migrate them to the new forum or not.

Honestly, I don't really feel there's no need for such a forum. Imo, not (m)any street photos deserve their own thread. Besides it's really cumbersome to go through many threads when you can just dump them in one thread...
It's not that I'm against it, but I think a single thread is more convenient than a whole bunch of threads.

Back