What camera are you carrying RIGHT NOW?

coelacanth

Ride, dive, shoot.
Local time
4:25 PM
Just for fun, a simple set of questions.

Where are you? What are you doing? (optional)

And what photography gear you have with you right at this moment?

No camera, no masterpiece. Gotta carry one everyday, everywhere you go! :D

Edit: If you are at home, what's the camera within your reach for quick action?

Last edited:
In my motorcycle tank bag that is sitting next to my desk:
Voigtlander Vito IIa
Canon G11

/

Last edited:
To start off, I'm at cafe near my place, doing some contract design stuff, and carrying M2 & Nikkor-HC 50/2 with Arista Premium @ 1600 inside.

10%203%3A51%3A41%20PM.jpg

Oh, and an iPhone 4. :)

Last edited:
i'm at home so everything is here...

Hehe. Joe, then how about this? If you are at home, what's the camera that's within your reach so you can snap your cat executing an evil plan, kids running around, a meteor hitting your shack, etc? :angel:

I'm at work, doing my sound design gig.

My M8 with 35mm Summilux ASPH and 90mm Elmarit-M are in the bag next to me.

Now that I've finally made my peace with the fact that the 35 really is the new 50 on the M8, this has been the go-everywhere kit for a while.

At work in a Chicago suburb. Inside an M-Bag (with Billingham Hadley insert) is:

Leica IIIG with CV Apo-Lanthar 90mm f/3.5, Leica 90mm SGVOO finder (lens cuts off half of the VF of the IIIG),

Weston V meter with Invercone

CV 35mm f/2.5 with CV 35mm finder that I purchased from coelacanth (Thanks!)

Cable release, Really Right Stuff Arca-Swiss tripod base for M-Leica cameras (fits on Barnacks too). A tripod lives inside my car trunk, with a Linhof ball head and Wimberley Arca Swiss type clamp.

Film is Kodak BW400CN, although I also have an extra roll of Ektar in the bag.

Usually, by the time I get out of the office, it is sunset for that golden hour! Even with relatively slow lenses, I can get by with the tripod in any situation.

Hehe. Joe, then how about this? If you are at home, what's the camera that's within your reach so you can snap your cat executing an evil plan, kids running around, a meteor hitting your shack, etc? :angel:

i'm in my 'play' room, at the computer. to my right is the monkey and to my left is the rd1 with 35/1.2 attached. i just finished making h & v adjustments so it's ready to roll.

Joe, your dogs are sooo cute. They definitely want you to be ready with the 35/1.2 for quick action. ;)

I'm carrying Nikkor-HC today because I saw the photos in C-Sonnar thread and just received new B+W MRC filter. Inspiration and GAS. As simple as that. :)

I was out cycling this morning... I threw the Kiev 4 (with J-8) in the pannier.

squinty finder, grindy advance, slow speeds that sound like someone sneezing in slo-mo. yeeeeaaah.

SP1000 with Tak 55/2 mounted, loaded with Ferrania 400 is at my left hand as I type. The kit rode to town with me this morning on the scoot, and I stopped on the way home to make a shot. Then it rode to work with me on my scoot, then back home ...

At home right now but behind me on the couch I have a Mamiya 645 1000s w/45mm lens and a Spotmatic SP w/50mm 1.4 lens...

Back