Show off your 120 folder!

Royer 6x9 and 6x6 french folder, SOM Berthiot 3.5/105 (Tessar type)

26677452030_b062ebf2ea_z.jpg

DSC01440 by Nokton48, on Flickr

For those with old folders (and old plate holders!) dry glass plates are now available commercially from J. Lane. Available in any size (he will custom cut them for you). I bought three boxes 6.5cmx9cm (10 plates each) for my Plaubel Makinas. I have about fifty Makina holders, which will hold film, or dry plates. This will be a fun project. I also want to buy 9x12cm and 4x5" in the future.

I bought them directly here: https://www.etsy.com/listing/581274...MIyaCDxtL03QIVBLbACh1BQAuqEAQYASABEgJxlPD_BwE

But Freestyle and other dealers are now also selling them. No affiliation with seller, just passing on some good info

That looks awesome Nokton. I hope to have time and patience to use glass plates someday. I have several cameras to use, most notably a Goerz Ango and a Patent Etui 9x12. And even my sister still keeps my grandfather Ihagee 9x12

I found these two this weekend. Couldn't decide which to buy, so I bought them both. Now I just have to address a few issues with them (especially with the Voigtlander), and then I can try some film through them.

30695793277_cb27e0691d_h.jpg

Minesix IIIS w/ 7.5cm 3.5 Zuminor

Minesix IIIS w/ 7.5cm 3.5 Zuminor

Looked for this camera for 15 years and now have three. Will probably never see again. A three party effort by Takane, Ofuna, and Zunow. 6X6 only.

Minesix IIIS by GARY HILL, on Flickr

Ugly is in the eye of the beholder - Optics outside of the lens is only a big deal to collectors.

It's good to hear it is getting some use.

Here are my 120 folders:

An Ensign Selfix 20, which, when I bought it, I thought was the poshest version you cold get. I now find that there was an Autorange version with a Tessar lens.

EDIT:

I tried to add a pic, (I do have some more to post), but I couldn't manage to do it here even though I did manage to add it to an earlier post in the "What have you just BOUGHT" thread, and now it's gone from that post as well.

I just got a Makina 67 in excellent condition with a non-working meter. No biggie though since I have a very good Gossen meter. I have shot only digital since 1999 and am shocked at the processing costs. I'll have to start doing my own development again if I am going to shoot film a lot. Fortunately a have some very good film scanners in 35mm and flat bed. Click image for detail.

Attachments

• MAKINA 67-6.jpg
    MAKINA 67-6.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Back