Show off your 120 folder!

The ebay ad said this might have been the last leather bellows made since 2012. He knows of no-one who makes leather bellows.

You can ask Sandeha Lynch though. Last I heard from him he was still making bellows for small cameras.

Show off your 120 folder!

My new Voigtlander Bessa RF. I bought very cheap in eBay and I have restored it. Now is working perfectly and for me one of the best cameras ever made.
6203e625d600eb95fe008657fb9c851b.jpg

97aedd6cb51ad162de91a97c3320f1f3.jpg

EDIT: oops, now I remember why I had not posted this photo, before... being that the Tourists are 620 cameras! Well, they are 120, in my mind, since that is what we buy to re-roll, and shoot in 620 cameras.

Tourist II x two by wwfloyd, on Flickr

Whoa. Does that allow the bellows to flex?

I bought some "liquid tape" to fix an old Polaroid bellows, but it's so stiff I dare not fold the bellows in - I have to leave the bed extended.

I have a beautiful old bellows camera that's about 90 years old and it has billions of pinholes. I'd love to get that fixed without attempting to replace the bellows.

Whoa. Does that allow the bellows to flex?

I bought some "liquid tape" to fix an old Polaroid bellows, but it's so stiff I dare not fold the bellows in - I have to leave the bed extended.

I have a beautiful old bellows camera that's about 90 years old and it has billions of pinholes. I'd love to get that fixed without attempting to replace the bellows.

If you intend for your bellows repair to last, make all fixes inside the bellows, not on the outside. That will only give you a temporary fix. Use proper repair materials to boot.

This was the camera my aunt bought her husband-to-be for his twenty-first birthday. The label inside is the chemist where she worked at the time and it cost her fifteen pounds, including the case. I was given it a few weeks ago and it's a belter!

Billy Boy One by Russell W Barnes, on Flickr

Here's a pic I took with it when I was out playing... FP4+ in ID-11 1+1.

Arcade by Russell W Barnes, on Flickr

The eBay ad said this might have been the last leather bellows made since 2012. He knows of no-one who makes leather bellows.

http://www.custombellows.co.uk

"Not only do Custom Bellows manufacture for some of the most important names in the modern mass production photographic world, we also offer a service providing individual custom-made new and replacement bellows, particularly for antique and "collectable" cameras."

That probably means leather bellows.

First, I have to replace old bellow.
I have use just two Lego wheels to put 120 film there:)
and two wood rails for re-size it to 60 mm. Also added a film pressure plate.
34684582085_0af82e6ed8_b.jpg

Finally life again after 113 years :)
34522931592_2237d571c8_b.jpg

I figured I should learn a little more about what folders people on the forum use and I came across this post.

Surely the ingenuity here gets a bonus point and possibly some kind of medal? I mean, LEGO WHEELS :D

And what a beautiful piece of history to revive.

This now reconditioned Agfa Billy Record II came to me with the Solinar fitted to a Synchro-Compur.
It took me years to figure a safe way to unfreeze the front focusing cell. - Upon which time, it received the needed new bellows.

BillyRec2
by Andrew in Austin, Texas, on Flickr

Without a doubt, a second tier medium format folder - with that said, when folded it's a very compact package for the format.
With regards to looks, the camera still has a bit of the Art Deco charm of Agfa's earlier versions of the Record..

Back