UK Region RFF London day out August

Yeah, I'm up for it either 11th or 12th. London is good. My vote would be street photography in the heart of the beast, Oxford St etc, with prizes for the person who comes closest to being punched, but I'm not fussy if others have better ideas.

Ian

another london day out sounds good to me. though the thought of oxford street on the weekend would be a massive turnoff for me. how about brixton? or hampstead and the heath?

I'll try and make this one if it is on the 11th August. Brixton is a good idea - Also how about Clerkenwell or Columbia Road Market? Covent Garden is always goog for street shots too.

12th is my birthday. So that's a no-go, unless I get razzed on the 13th instead, which is a high likelihood (drinking on the 11th, and meeting on the 12th would mean a hungover ash taking pictures, not good).

I don't mind spending my birthday with you lot, but 11th may be better???

Oh I best add, that's my favourite t-shirt, bought at Download having seen them live... I truly am a Tool :rolleyes:

(same bag as I had last weekend, but I had a Zorki-4k that day.. big step up to the M2!)

Hey, I've just noticed this thread for an event that I've not just missed, I'll try and turn up for this one, the last one I went on was the Camden Lock one last year. I really should check in here more often than I do.

ManoroloGo I'll be sure to book the date free to meet you lot - and I can see about a 48hr lack of sobriety over the 11th onto my birthday on the 12th :D

Last time I visited Brixton I was given the impression I NEVER want to go back there. Or maybe that's just my country-boy upbringing, living in Swindon with low crime rates and wide open spaces :D

Brixton market's an excellent place, never had any hassle there, despite it being south of the river...

Ian

its really no different from camden area if u ask me. I've been meaning to go down there with my XA for the longest of time. Of course if u bring a flashy DSLR, u're asking for it.... Brixton is infact becoming one of the posher regions. Now visit peckham (next door) and u might not say the same....

szekiat said:
its really no different from camden area if u ask me. I've been meaning to go down there with my XA for the longest of time. Of course if u bring a flashy DSLR, u're asking for it.... Brixton is infact becoming one of the posher regions. Now visit peckham (next door) and u might not say the same....

Are you serious????

It was about 2 years ago since I was in Brixton, but EVERY person we went past was on the make.

I'd be very surprised if it was totally different after only 24/25 months.

Back