UK Region RFF EuroMeet 2011, London

against all odds, lisa and I are now back in berlin. thanks to everyone for making this such an enjoyable weekend. I'm especially happy to have met robert and alkis in person, now I can finally tell the two apart. :D
and thanks again andrew, please tell your brother and parents that we said hello.
thanks for your efforts, kully. and the M2. and the film. and throwing a banana at a barman. =D
lluis: cabron.

Last edited:
I had a really horrible moment when I pulled the first roll of film out, and found it was completely blank.

After swearing for a few minutes, I breathed in before looking at the second and third rolls, which were completely fine, then remembered one of the films was one I'd offered to develop for someone!

He thought the film had broken while rewinding. I haven't broken (sorry) the news yet that it was during loading and he has made a lomographic society approved™ 36-shot multiple exposure.

I'm not going to tell a vegan that lemon curd is made of eggs, that really would be upsetting.

Last edited:
Woohoo! All us reprobates taking photos, all weekend and it seems everyone got home safe. No-one got any hassle from the Police, did they?

My film drawer looked very barren this morning, just a roll of Kodachrome and a box of exposed rolls. On the other hand, I was able to start going through the photos over breakfast. In the light.

If anyone was not competely London'd out last week, I'll be there Saturday and Sunday this weekend making the most of a weekend when my little tribe are away at the in-laws. If anyone fancies coming out for a walk around some of the many places which we didn't have time for / missed out drop me a message.

No police problems, but I'm surprised you got out of that situation on Friday without being touched, perhaps it was the group of people standing behind... Did you delete the photos in the end?

Glad to say that I have processed my first three films from my new camera and they all seem to be fine. Did two B & W myself and the colour through Boots. If there are any decent shots from the weekend I will post them on the flickr site.

I will allow myself to post a couple of shots here, so that people will run away in tears to look at better photographs in our flickr group.

5710515865_47ee000c6c_z.jpg

5710515629_64a77ed1fc_z.jpg

5710515761_4fc5fb05dc_z.jpg

5711076944_5349bfd759_z.jpg

5711035765_07031a13d2_z.jpg

5711105747_34298ebf6e_z.jpg

5711035827_550bb67b78_z.jpg

5711105517_43e68544d8_z.jpg

5709809492_79f5d1b51c_z.jpg

I shall post mine into the Flickr pool but it seems on what I have back so far, the few colour shots that I did take (about half a roll of 160NC) that I shot a lot of vertical shots, when I process the FP4 that will either confirm or not what I did for most of the day. Unusual.

Here's one anyway

Two rolls of TriX are drying right now. Another roll of TriX is waiting to be developed. I might get to scan one of these days.

I wanted to give a chance to the less spectacular shots as well, so rather than wasting everybody's time on flickr, I put them all together (more or less chronological from friday to monday) in this here video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3y5OZ12oc8s

8 rolls of tri-x died in the making of this film.

vimeo link to follow. whoopie.

Last edited:
Really regret I could not go.

I stayed away from this thread because of that, and now seeing Simons shots (with which I am most impressed) I'm going to get away from the Mac and toss three rolls of film I shot yesterday into 1:100 Rodinal...

By mistake my color film was also scanned. Therefore I could add some photo's to the Flickr group. If I remembered your name I've added it.
The B&W stuff will probably take a few months to appear.
I did decide to get the Summicron 35 Asph. A good friend had one for a nice price. i really like to have a focusing tab. thanks for borrowing all your 35mm lenses.
I had a great time and hope to see you all next year in Kully's backyard.
http://www.flickr.com/groups/1690563@N23/pool/with/5718477552/

Michiel Fokkema

Back