Post your Sigma DPx images!

I had a DPsomething for about a week. Found the AF to be horrific, so i sold it. But, this was the first camera to convince me there is something to the whole "3D" claims. There really is something in that sensor technology that imparts that kind of dimensionality in images (under the right conditions) — even in a couple of quick 'test' shots. I can see a bit of it in a few of the photos posted in this thread. I haven't tried one of the newer models — maybe the AF is better now?

I am glad I found this thread!

I am glad I found this thread!

I have been using Sigma DP2 for about two years and like it very much! In most cases I select my F stop and pre focus the lens just like with film rangefinders I used to. And picture quality is amazing. Right now I am considering trading my Sigma SD14 DSLR for DP1x. Not that I vouldn't like the DSLR! I have another one if I want to change lenses. But this one stays home more often lately. I use SD14 with screw mount Takumars, Fujinon and Sonar lenses in aperture priority mode and slow writing speed doesn't bother me at all.

I am considering trading my Sigma SD14 DSLR for DP1x. Not that I vouldn't like the DSLR! I have another one if I want to change lenses. But this one stays home more often lately. I use SD14 with screw mount Takumars, Fujinon and Sonar lenses in aperture priority mode and slow writing speed doesn't bother me at all.

That's a tough call, I'd wait because the sigma dp1 merrill is due any day now. You might find a cheap DP1x on craigslist or RFF.

I have both a DP1 and a DP2x, the DP2x focuses 2x faster, writes 2x faster to the card, operates 2x faster......... but the DP1, 28mm, I don't see myself rushing to get shots with it. I think it suits me perfectly, it's just there when I need that wider angle.

The Merril's, i'm going to hold off until some used ones hit the market. I'm very satisfied with my DP's.

Reverse psychology. by lamlux.net, on Flickr
Sigma DP2x

The nets that hold us. by lamlux.net, on Flickr
Sigma DP2x

Some of my images from DP2

Attachments

• SDIM1056-001.jpg
    SDIM1056-001.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 0
  • SDIM1097-001.jpg
    SDIM1097-001.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 0
  • SDIM1101-001.jpg
    SDIM1101-001.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 0
I am new to the world of Sigma. I bought an original, basically unused DP1 about a month ago and fell in love -so much so that I just took delivery of the new DP2M Merrill.

Here is one from the DP1.

SDP1-6 by burancap, on Flickr

Thank you and thanks for the links! Lots of good stuff there. I will need to take my time and digest all of it.

The DP2M is spectacular in a lot of ways, but I still love that DP1! The only thing that will replace it will be the 1M when it ever makes it out.

As much as I felt liberated going from a M8 to a Nex and adaptor... I can say that the Sigmas have taken that liberation to another level. I haven't touched the Nex in weeks.

Hey, some great images here, thanks for posting!
They helped me to take the plunge into a used DP2 purchase.

Dave

Here's a couple from my first outing with my new-to-me DP2.

U2857I1346056673.SEQ.0.jpg

"The Great British Summer Holiday"
U2857I1346056671.SEQ.0.jpg

Good fun so far, but might take some time to get used to.
Dave

Still getting the hang of the Merrill. Here is one from yesterday. If you have the time... follow the link to Flickr and try the largest size available on the image...

SDP2M-12 by burancap, on Flickr

I broke out my DP1 for the first time in ages at the Monterey Motorsports Weekend last week. I can never fault the images this little beast produces.

7875346596_d57df1d258_b_d.jpg

7875339406_5da80ac84d_b_d.jpg

The thread has been sleeping for long...I sold my DP1 but I still enjoy seeing the images from those cameras.

Back