Post your Sigma DPx images!

Here are two snaps from my DP2-S, which I haven't been able to use as much as I'd like.

RAW files do take 5-6 seconds to store. Haven't tried JPEG's yet to know if they take less time.

There's an option in the DP2-S, and I think in any earlier cameras upgraded to the current firmware, to stop the autofocus from searching in the first meter. This both speeds up the AF and makes it a bit quieter. In either case, the Sigma's autofocus is considerably faster than my manual focusing, on any camera.

These were loaded into Sigma's software and then saved, with no processing. I may have cropped them; can't recall.

4895253713_d38318cc0f_b.jpg

4895263181_1aa8ce590c_b.jpg

This one was taken with a DP1s. I must admit, I have a soft spot for that camera. It is quirky, true, but I do not have the impression that I have explored it to its' fullest potential. My major problem is composing through the LCD. I do not like that. Maybe I will get a 28mm viewfinder. f4 too slow? Hint: flash socket.

U27794I1281657238.SEQ.0.jpg

Last edited:
Some great shots here! now I'm really torn, just put my M8 up for sale and cannot decide between a DP1s or an Oly E-PL1, anybody own both have any views between the two?

One comment and one question for this thread.

I have a DP-2 and love the quality of photo's that come out of it. However, mine has the dreaded "Lock Up" that so many have complained of. It simply locks up and nothing will function on the camera until the battery is removed and re-installed. Very frustrating. I don't mind the slow image processing when in RAW mode but this lock up malfunction irritates the heck out of me.

Now for my question. I'm not tech savvy. I tried posting a DP-2 image. However, I don't know how to get it down to the 600 x 600 size dimensions using the SPP software. Does anyone know how this is done?

If you don't have photoshop or something just Image > stretch/skew (estimate the percentage) in Paint.

http://www.gimp.org/
This is free, and does most of what photoshop does.

I just used it with UFRAW plugin to convert my first set of RAW files, getting the hang of it I think almost. Check out my "bokeh trap" set on flickr - all shot and processed from RAW today!
http://www.flickr.com/photos/theoriginalinvisible/sets/72157624919448812/

Good job I figured it out since; I just bought a DP1 off the idiotbay.. £180 seemed alright with hood and a bag too. I just couldn't justify the lay out for a Canon S90 or Ricoh GRD3.

I hear it's slow, but so am I - and I generally do well estimate focussing with the Snapshot skopar 25mm, so that's what I'm thinking will work relatively well with the 28mm DP1 since the DOF is bigger anyway.

Promise to post some DP1 shots once it arrives and I've done some clicking!

You can't crop or adjust image size with the Sigma software. You can do both in Preview, if you're running a Mac. Dunno about Windows, but there are a lot of little image tools that can probably handle this. I'd look for one of those before throwing Photoshop or Gimp at the problem.

Anyone still using these? I just picked up a DP1 on CL for $50 with the finder (and a slightly cracked rear screen). Just took it out for a test drive and holy crap this thing is sharp!

SDIM0028.jpg

Back