somewhat colored
Local time
5:00 PM
Nothing more, nothing less ...

Leica SL + Vario-Elmarit-SL 24-90mm f/2.8-4 ASPH
ISO 800 @ f/5.6 @ 1/8 @ 65mm

enjoy!
G

I like the low contrast mood of this photo, not sure about the composition - slightly unsettling somehow, it feels not quite "rule of thirds".

I rather like the image from a point of seeing edges and lines of different sorts. The point of the toothpick, the sharp edge of the knife and then the softer lines of the cabinets and the expansive flat surfaces. I think that this image could lend itself nicely as part of a triptych with some different arrangement of the knife and pic in each one.

David

I like the geometric view here, the rectangles, the different tones, the pattern on the surface. The minimalistic look, almost zen...
robert

So many questions.. what was the knife just used for? Did it cut a cake (vanilla?). Is the toothpick meant to be out of focus suggesting the passing of a meal? The angle of the edge of the counter top. Just slightly askew and yet the toothpick follows that line. Intentional? Is the vignette a fault of that $5000 lens or added for artistic inspiration? Is the dishwasher in the back ground full? If not, why hasn't the knife made it there? Will it make it there?

So many questions.. what was the knife just used for? Did it cut a cake (vanilla?). Is the toothpick meant to be out of focus suggesting the passing of a meal? The angle of the edge of the counter top. Just slightly askew and yet the toothpick follows that line. Intentional? Is the vignette a fault of that $5000 lens or added for artistic inspiration? Is the dishwasher in the back ground full? If not, why hasn't the knife made it there? Will it make it there?

Interestingly that appears to be an illusion ... the horizontal is nearly exactly that.

Kitchen knives should be washed by hand, not in the dishwasher...

The cake question is right on point ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you all for the comments once more.

I like the geometric view here, the rectangles, the different tones, the pattern on the surface. The minimalistic look, almost zen...
robert

:)

So many questions indeed. Too analytic and literal, Huss.

Every element in the image is contrived and precisely as I want it. Every element of the rendering is contrived and precisely as I want it. To write an analysis of what and why is to defeat the purpose of the image: to inspire emotional response. Leap past the literal and let your imagination create a story for you; let yourself free from documentarian concerns... :D

G

PS: oh yes, I agree with Mute-on, knives should never go in the dishwasher...

Back