UK Region North Of England RFF Meet 2008?

Good to have you along Tim :)
It's a real shame Dave & John can't make it. Next year guys!

Just to wet your appetites here's a rough plan for the day:

Meet upstairs in the cafe at Piccadilly. We arrange to meet at 10.00 but as last year, we'll probably leave Piccadilly at 11.00am once everyone arrives
  • The Northern Quarter. Manchester’s own Camden
  • The Real Camera Co (part-ex kidney for nice lens).
  • Urbis/Cathederal Gardens & Victoria Station
  • Maybe grab some lunch/pint
  • (if still able to walk) Deansgate taking in Albert Square
  • China Town/Canal St
  • Chinese grub and a natter.
Also held in reserve is The Museum of Science & Industry in case it rains (this almost never happens in Manchester - honest).

So c'mon - who else is up for it? :D

Last edited:
Sadly can't make this one :( due to work (working weekends is not fun)

Hope the weather stays OK, and don't forget to take yer lens caps off guys :)

The Master Plan...

The Master Plan...

It's getting real close now.
We have 8 people confirmed for the day. If anyone else is pondering turning up, then do it. It's a rare occasion that rangefinder users get the change to get together. We had a good day last year and it will be even better this time. Come rain or shine.

The plan is to meet upstairs in the cafe at Piccadilly at 10.00am, but as last year, we'll hang around until everyone arrives.
You can find the cafe easily enough, just go up the escalator which is in the main atrium. The cafe is on your left. We'll probably be sat near the balcony looking like terrorists.

Throughout the day we'll have a wander around all the most interesting spots of Manchester shooting as we go, stopping off at the Real Camera Co. to hand over all our money, and occasionally sitting down for a natter over a pint/carrot juice/Chinese.

If we have one of those rare rainy days that sometimes happen in Manchester. I have arranged shooting permits for us at The Museum Of Science And Industry. But do bring a coat or brolly.

If anyone else wants to come send me a PM and I'll give you my mobile number, but be quick

See you there!

Bob.

To those that go, have a good day. The last one I was on was really enjoyable.

... or was that just the guinness? ;)

Hopefully I'll be on the next one.

To those that go, have a good day. The last one I was on was really enjoyable.

... or was that just the guinness? ;)

Hopefully I'll be on the next one.

It's a real shame you can't make it Dave. In fact there's only me and Kuvvy going from last years' meet. I was looking forward to catching up with yourself, John, Peter and Vincent again.

Just think guys, this time tomorrow I'll be basking in the Manchester sunshine and burning film! ;)

Just think guys, this time tomorrow I'll be basking in the Manchester sunshine and burning film! ;)

Dunno about that Bob, but I'll be bringing a coat and probably a brolly too and maybe sun lotion just to cover all bases:) Also had word that two others will be joining us. Baz & Deb say they are coming along.

Cool, that makes 10 - A nice round number. :)

How can you doubt the Manchester weather?

*hurriedly packs waterproof & hat*

Ok, got a train timetable, raincoat, bag of film and ice-cream money.
I have to bring a note from my missus for the "responsible person" in the group. I sneaked a peak at it. It says that, I am not to allowed to take photographs in public, not to go into a beer emporium, and under no circumstances should be allowed near Ye Olde Camera Shoppe (on account of what I came home with the last time :D).
Poor soul, has she no idea what this is about? So, maybe I will leave the note at home ;)

What about cameras? Perhaps a DSLR will go down well with the group.....or maybe that 6x6 folder if I can only work out where the batteries go......

Dave...

Hmm, I'm not sure if we have anyone 'responsible' in the group. Tell her you lost the note. ;)

Good choice of cameras. Might I suggest adding a Polaroid instant camera too. You get to see what you've taken straight away and get a print into the bargain - so clearly miles better than film or digital.

I've always fancied going shooting wearing a bandolier of about 10 point & shoots. It can't weigh any more than the stuff I've packed for tomorrow!

I've kept my kit to the minimum. Helped by the fact I don't have a lot...Aww!
Minolta CLE with 40mm rokkor +CV 25mm, Nikon 35Ti (to finish the roll before I sell it, or maybe I'll trade it in tomorrow).
Oh and some of that film stuff. Acros and Tri-x.

Hi All,

Hope everyone made it back okay.

I hope you all had a good time - I certainly did.

Just developed my first roll. And realised that I am stupid!
I developed a roll that I'd only taken 6 shots on and none of them from today. :eek:
Serves me right for rushing. I am now going to sit down and relax with a bottle of beer. Which is what I should have done in the first place.

Mental note: Do not develop film when tired.

It was a really good day - thanks again for organising it Bob.

After we parted I had one last pint at Victoria Station and got my train back to Liverpool, and was asleep (with arm firmly around my camera bag) by the time I reached Lime Street.

So, bus home from the station, a quick bite of supper, and off to bed was all I could manage - hopefully I'll have time to develop a couple of rolls later (which means scanning and posting tomorrow)

Yeah, a good day Bob. The weather was kind to us and it was a pleasure to meet other members. Jem looked after us at the Real Camera Co with a supply of wine and biccies. Manged to hang on to my cash which cant be said for all of us. I was shattered when I got in and went straight to bed. Developed a roll this morning and it looks good. Will scan later. Thanks for putting it all together Bob.

Thanks for putting on the meet Bob, it was great to meet everyone. I think that we got away with good weather once in Manchester. My apologies to all for departing without farewells near the station, it looked possible to catch my train if I quickened the pace. Thanks to all for our amiable gathering and I hope that we will meet again.

I will develop my single roll tonight.

Dave...

Manchester 2008

2735632509_8fc286b1ac_b.jpg

2735521677_bee6b85790_b.jpg

2735511071_2215422b74_b.jpg

2736348492_a563619b35_b.jpg

2735473909_ef8ca85f68_b.jpg

2735469813_901b920302_b.jpg

or checkout the movie
http://www.flickr.com/photos/19217760@N05/sets/72157606559056932/show/

Back