UK Region North Of England RFF Meet 2008?

Bobfrance

Over Exposed
Local time
3:27 PM
Hi Gang,

Some of you may recall that we held a little meet/shoot in Manchester last year.

I think it's time we had a re-run.
I'm open to suggestions for dates and location.

Hands up all who are interested.

Hopefully this year flooding won't ruin it for some as it did last summer!

Bob.

Last edited:
I don't normally go further North than the Black Country so I'd be up for this. Do you have a date in mind?

I'll be driving up from Berkshire if anyone fancies a lift.

Am up for it if dates suit. The next three weekends are out for me but mid-late July should be okay.

I'd favour a slightly more northerly location, though - Manchester's a bit of a journey from Glasgow and I might not have overnight leave this time.

Cheers

Vincent

Hi Guys,

I'm in, depending on date.

If you fancy going to the Real Camera Co again, I would suggest the first Saturday of a month - Jem puts on a bit of a show on these days - wine & nibbles, photo exhibition, etc, plus a chance to fondle the stock.

July 5 might be a bit soon, but I could probably make Aug 2 or Sept 6 if anyone else would like to try either of those.

Count me in (work/family/fuel costs :eek: permitting).

I seem to have misplaced a couple of films from the last meet :rolleyes:

(thanks for the heads-up, Bob)

Good response so far.

Location wise, Manchester is fairly central bearing in mind who may be coming and good for street work. Although I'm aware not everybody does street.
Alternatively, I was wondering if there is any good events happening over the summer to give us all a focus (so to speak).
I'm open to any suggestions.

We'll wait and see how the dates pan out. It would be nice if the guys who couldn't make it last year could come along.

Last edited:
Nice to see the names from the last outing are up for it again. You can count me in again too. Good to hear from you again Vincent. We were fortunate last time that the rock concert at urbis gave us some extra shooting opportunities. Hopefully we can find another event going on for the next meet.

Okay folks.

Bearing in mind the dates some can't do, and allowing enough notice for people to make arrangements. how about....

...(drum roll)...

.... The weekend of...

...(more drum roll)...

...Saturday August 2nd?

Your thoughts gentlemen please? :)

Only Saturday I've got off in "summer" is first one in Sept :rolleyes: that's the problem with retail work :(

Are the "congestion" charges in force on Manchester now ?

I'd be quite interested - it would be nice to put faces to some of those familiar names. I won't be back in the UK (Liverpool) until July 10 (and will need a couple of days sleep) and I'll be leaving again mid-Sep, so if you arrange anything in that window I'll make an effort to be there - the suggestion of Aug 2 would be fine.

Sounds good I would hope to make it this year.
I must say, "fondling the stock" is an attractive idea too.

Dave...

Good to see more people game for an outing.

We'll stick with the August 2nd. I think a trip to The Real Camera Co. Would be a popular move, and with the offer of nibbles how could we refuse?! :)

John: Are you still in contact with Jem at TRCC? I'm guessing he would be grateful of a little notice.

Last edited:
Damn, I'll be away on the 2nd August - would have been grand to see you all mind.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back