UK Region London get together - April

I'm going to try and make it, but have to put a shed up over the weekend - only free weekend for a while - so its not 100%. If I do make it, my partner will accompany me - she's into photog too, but early days.

Car parking guidance will be useful - checked the trains from my neck of the woods and they are dreadful.

Regards

Gid

There is an NCP car park on Park Lane, just a stone's throw from Speaker's Corner - you access it by driving alone Park Lane from Hyde Park Corner. There is also an NPC car park at Marble Arch itself. Use the carpark finder on the www.ncp.co.uk website. I think (pls confirm) that there is a discount for parking on Sat/Sun.

Alternatively the single-yellow lines in the Marylebone/Baker St area are free game for cars, but you must arrive early i.e by 10.30am or the spaces tend to get snapped up quickly. From there, it's about 15 mins walk to Marble Arch.

Jin

Tony, I'd still recommend Bloomsbury for parking, say somewhere around Gordon Square. It's free on Sundays, walk through to Gower Street and you have a choice of buses to Trafalgar Square. Euston and Warren St. tubes are also a short walk.

I'll be along earlier, but I've got an album launch to go and lig at later in the afternoon.

Mark

Thanks guys, I think I've still got the map print outs from the last one I missed. Thanks for the help.

If you have one in late June / early July, I might be able to make it ... not sure how often these things happen

Nice one, even more options for parking. :)

See you at Trafalgar Square for 11, will pm my mobile number when the site is stable, probably tomorrow morning UK time. Now where did I put that darn GPS.... oh and must not forget the camera :)

It would be great to have an international element next time. And I wouldn't be surprised if the flight from Sweden was cheaper than the train from York; it's a crazy world.

We had a good day yesterday; six hours on the street with a couple of rain induced coffee breaks, and a fine curry in Brick Lane to finish.

Speakers' Corner was brilliant; I didn't know it was still so "Life of Brian". There was even a guy who had a problem with penguins.

Tom

Sorry to all for having to rush off. Glad you had a good time down at Hyde Park, not to mention curry (and beer, I presume). You'll be glad to know the album got well and truly launched and we scored free accomodation for a weekend in Brittany (but no gigs!)

Mark

Sounds like you had a good time. Sorry I couldn't make it, but events overtook me - no it wasn't the shed, just some other stuff. BTW, see RML's thread "Bored" for an idea I've floated regarding a day out in Paris with the objective of presenting a final set of images in a book.

Regards

Gid

D*mn, you're fast. I still have five rolls to develop from our last meeting in October...

I do want to see yesterday's stuff though, so I might have to do some catching up!

Tom

Had a great time yesterday seeing how the real people live and have fun in the capital. Brilliant time and well worth the four hour round trip driving. Speakers corner was an experience that has to be seen to be believed (lots of believers in close quarters believing in different things)

Got home quite late so didn't develop the days films. I'll have a go later this evening.

Thanks Manny for not geting us lost. A good time had by all.

Fred said:
Thanks Manny for not geting us lost.

Yes - thanks Manny: glad one of us knew where we were going!

It was good to meet you all, and to try street photography - a new discipline to me...

So who is this then? ;-)

IMG_9063-01.jpg

I was down there snapping away with my Bessa, I'd never seen so many Rangefinders in one place.

Sam

Heh - I thought there were more bessas at speakers' corner than we'd taken with us...

I have found two frames I don't mind too much so far - it's a challenging place!

Tom

Attachments

• SC003.jpg
    SC003.jpg
    274.3 KB · Views: 0
  • SC001.jpg
    SC001.jpg
    258 KB · Views: 0
Back