KEH stock on eBay but not on website.

G

Been bored and started looking on eBay, suddenly noticed that KEH has stock not listed on its website on sale on eBay.
Their used Hasselblad stock is pathetic, no folding cameras worth looking at either.
So they are obviously trying a different strategy. Cameras on eBay are a risky purchase.
Interesting that a Zeiss folder aged 70 years old is now worth more than a Nikon F2AS, something totally wrong with that one.

They have been using Ebay for years. Often it’s overstock or items that have languished on the regular KEH site.

Carefully read the ebay descriptions on items KEH sells there. Almost all of them are in UG condition, which is KEH's way of saying "garbage." The descriptions rarely say what, exactly, is wrong with the item to cause them to grade it as UG.

Cameras on eBay are a risky purchase.

Curious why you would say that. And double what Chris said, though I have bought some ugly cameras from KEH on eBay and they came with a six month warranty. One camera failed around month 4 and I returned it to KEH for repair. Unfortunately they said it wasn't repairable which was a shame because I really liked it.

They’ve been on eBay for a long time, and buying from keh or keh on eBay (or anyone for on eBay for that matter) is not considered risky by any stretch...

KEH stock on eBay but not on website.

I suspect the slow moving or overstock goes on eBay. I have bought from their eBay site numerous times without a problem. Items were better than described.

While they get a discount on eBay fees I am sure the overhead is still greater than selling from their own online store.

Does KEH have bricks and mortar shop?

Sent from my iPhone using

They’ve been on eBay for a long time, and buying from keh or keh on eBay (or anyone for on eBay for that matter) is not considered risky by any stretch...

Agreed. And while most of it is "ugly," you can return it if you need to. I've never bought their "ugly" stuff, but I have gotten some good "bargain" items from KEH.

I don't shop on ebay but I've bought several "Ugly" items from KEH that turned out to be very nice and usable. A couple of old Nikkor lenses come to mind.

KEH also sells on Amazon. Their prices often are lower on Amazon for the same item being sold on their website.

Does KEH have bricks and mortar shop?

No. They have a large warehouse in Smyrna, Georgia. In the very early days, King Grant worked out of a house before moving to the location on Peachtree Street in Atlanta. Once a month there was a mimeograph sheet of what was available. You would call and either Mr Grant or one of his small staff would pick the equipment off of the shelf and give a description. They grew larger mostly by buying the inventory of camera shops that were closing. Now the sales staff is in one location and the equipment in another.

Back