I'm back

Thanks Gene! I remember watching both shows as a youngster with my grandmother. They were her 2 favourite shows.

welcome back to the real world. The French are ok; never had any problems with most of them. The others I attribute to language/culture barriers. As far as attitudes I have seen my share right here at home in the USA.

Excellent, Frank! Congratulations on your endeavour.

I see you picked very dedicated equipment. That Plaubel... wow. And all that film. And the 35mm Summaron. And...and...

Now, don't forget to order some coffee. Some real coffee. They call it "espresso" here. The "coffee" here, there they call it ::blech:: ;)

And Brittany-style crepe. No, better make it Alsatian. How about both?

Welcome back Frank. Glad to hear of a meaningful & safe trip. 21 rolls of 120 & 22 of 35mm B&W...WoW! Time to get reacquainted with the darkroom.

Most people were very friendly. The food was great. In order to keep costs down we did not eat out at many restaurants, buying instead, pre-made baguettes at cafes or ingredients at supermarkets. In our Paris apartment, we had an espresso maker.

GB: yep, I've got some B+W darkroom work to do!

Thanks! It is funny that after what I'd heard and read about snooty people in Paris, that's where we met some of the nicest people, and the rudest person we met on our entire trip was our Canadian cab driver who drove us home from the airport just a few hours ago.

That's been our experience over 5 trips to Paris! Nothing but friendly, polite Parisians. Going back in September for number six!

I'm thinking of taking nothing but the IIIa and a w-Nikkor 35/2.5.

Welcome home!

Vic

Hi Vic, a 35mm lens on a single body could do it. I took lots of gear but sometimes went out with just the IIf and Summaron.

The first 5 rolls of HP5+ are spooled on reels and in the tank. Of the 5 rolls, 3 were taken by the IIf since their leaders were trimmed. Update soon.

I got some first results. I can develop and sleeve 5 rolls of 35mm film and then a second batch of 3 rolls 120 film in an evening. In colour neg, I took more typical vacation pics including family, for a family album. In B+W, I also took more interpretive pics, which I'll share with you.

Attachments

• Hastings-near.jpg
    Hastings-near.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 0
  • Hastings-near-3.jpg
    Hastings-near-3.jpg
    187.8 KB · Views: 0
  • Hastings-near-2.jpg
    Hastings-near-2.jpg
    125.7 KB · Views: 0
... and

Attachments

• Caunes-Abbey.jpg
    Caunes-Abbey.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 0
  • Rye-churchyard.jpg
    Rye-churchyard.jpg
    152.4 KB · Views: 0
  • Caunes-roof-tops.jpg
    Caunes-roof-tops.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 0
Here's another, this one MF with Plaubel Makina:

Attachments

• Hastings-church.jpg
    Hastings-church.jpg
    192.5 KB · Views: 0
I'm going to try to set up a gallery to put these pics into. Please feel free to coment positively or negaively, suggestions, etc.

Attachments

• Hastings-beach.jpg
    Hastings-beach.jpg
    145.3 KB · Views: 0
  • Hastings-beach-2.jpg
    Hastings-beach-2.jpg
    111.4 KB · Views: 0
  • Hastings-beach-4.jpg
    Hastings-beach-4.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Thanks Dave. It's funny, I like the other ones better and the ones you mentioned, I felt were the weaker ones. What do you think of the sepia tone? When I scan, I output as colour, and then partially desaturate.

welcome Frank,

Great gear. Take your time. Btw, how were you moving there from place to place and how expensive you felt it ?

Cheers,
Ruben

I also like the beach chair pictures, especially the first one. So you put in a sepia tone. I was about to ask you why I would see a mild purple tint on those pictures.

Tin

Even as a an immature teenager on a class trip in Europe more than 9 years ago, I found Parisians to be very friendly as well.

Keep the pictures coming!

Back