Huff's Rave Sigma FP Review

It’s going to be just a joy trying to manually focus adapted lenses outdoors
in bright sunlight without a viewfinder.

He'll sell it in a couple of months after he realizes the pics he takes of his buddy at a bar, his wife standing in his living room, and that fire hydrant all look the same.

Hahaha, that's disturbingly true. I never thought of it that way.

Steve started off with real passion and the best intentions, but the nature of his gig means he's almost enslaved to the conveyor belt of new gear production.

guys, how about staying on topic discussing the Sigma FP?

The FP is selling quite well both in Japan and in the US.

Stephen

Interesting comment about it becoming the better successor to the CL with a few easy to make additions from Sigma.

B2 (;->

guys, how about staying on topic discussing the Sigma FP?

The FP is selling quite well both in Japan and in the US.

Stephen

https://rangefinderforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=168958

This is the thread.

Huff’s credibility is on same level with Rockwell, who at least gives good product pictures and specs. The only good Huff has is letting others to post.

I was at local expo today. All big brands, Sony has most crowd. As for FP, couldn’t find it. And it was video with mirrorless show.

Small camera. Until it's set up to actually use. Biga$$ viewfinder. Big fast lens. Big grip. After all that, it's no longer small.

I am intrigued by this camera. It is very small and the 45mm 2.8 is kind of perfect for me. I’d have to check it out in person. Not sure if I’d want to use it with only an lcd though I have before.

This new Sigma camera does not have their traditional Foveon sensor but from the few photo samples I saw online the images look very impressive.

To use this with manual focus lenses you have to add the huge bulky magnifier. For $300 extra. It’s good if you are a video shooter or use AF lenses.

This new Sigma camera does not have their traditional Foveon sensor but from the few photo samples I saw online the images look very impressive.

Have to agree. Normally, I don't bother too much with online samples, but the Sigma ones stood out for their clarity, colour, and a nice lack of the sanitized digital 'too clean' look.

I'm actually happy about this... I prefer high ISO ability to super sharpness. Regarding manual focus Huss...I agree. LCD only cameras and manual focus are the worst possible combination for me.

It's LCD only and electronic shutter. Not even a shoe for you to put an OVF on. Accessory grip required for it to hold better. The sensor is great, but so do other 24MP FF offerings from competitors. It's been a given for years.

It's beautiful, it's fancy, it looks great with vintage lenses adapted. But I doubt it's the most practical one out there.

But again...practicality had never been us RFFers' top priority did it?

If this camera becomes at least a partial success in sales then I could see Sigma developing more featured models to suit still photographers instead of being a quirky camera company that now makes fine lenses as opposed to their so-so lens making reputation in the 1970s.

Maybe shake off their quirky and weird American Motors Company (AMC) type image in the buying public's mind when it comes to their cameras.

Back