Fuji X-Pro2 'Leaked"

I'm sure it's going to be a great camera, but I have to ask, why didn't Fuji consider making the X-Pro 2 a full frame sensor camera??

I'm sure that will sway more than a few Leica owners into the Fuji camp.

I would have. As long as the hybrid finder doesn't give me motion sickness.
As is, no interest seeing that it is in the same price range as the full frame cameras from Sony and Nikon (DSLRs).
Even the Nikon D7200 is about $600 less. While you can get 3 Sony A6000s for the price of one Xpro1. Both of which most prob have much better AF.

Where does this obsession with full frame come from? I can't understand why anyone would think for a second that Fuji would consider a 35mm sensor for any of their cameras. It's just not needed. They have a full line up of wonderful lenses all made for their crop sensors (which I would put a lot of money on people not being able to distinguish from a full frame sensor on screen never mind prints).

The difference between APS-C and 35mm is just marketing now. I think the only justifiable reason for absolutely must have 35mm is for lenses to behave at a specific focal length - e.g. Leica with its back catalogue of world beating lenses. As someone who shoots large format cameras I find the 'full frame' obsession bizarre - 35mm, APS-C, APS-H, M43, they're all arbitrary small camera crops and the difference is unnoticeable when not pixelpeeping.

Photographers are getting spoilt these days. The original X-Pro1 is a fantastic camera (yet moaned about by pixelpeepers) and more camera than a lot of people need. How anyone can moan about a camera with specs like the X-Pro2 (if true) which will no doubt settle down into a nice price range soon after launch is beyond me...

How anyone can moan about a camera with specs like the X-Pro2 (if true) which will no doubt settle down into a nice price range soon after launch is beyond me...

Because we waited 4 years for something that could have been made 2 years ago. Fuji even stated that they would not release an updated X-Pro until they had significant improvements. It's a nice camera, but just something that could have been brought to the market last year.

Where does this obsession with full frame come from?..... I think the only justifiable reason for absolutely must have 35mm is for lenses to behave at a specific focal length - e.g. Leica with its back catalogue of world beating lenses.

You answered it yourself.

As well as the fact that with a ff mirrorless via lens adapters your choice is incredible, not just Leica glass. And it is really nice to be able to maintain the 'intended' focal length. As well as the ff sensors being less noisy at high ISOs.

Sony already offers that option with its A7 series cameras at this price point.

You answered it yourself.

As well as the fact that with a ff mirrorless via lens adapters your choice is incredible, not just Leica glass. And it is really nice to be able to maintain the 'intended' focal length. As well as the ff sensors being less noisy at high ISOs.

Sony already offers that option with its A7 series cameras at this price point.

+ 1. Because I thought that I did not like the design and handling of the A7 I had resisted FF for long, but for someone using manual legacy lenses mostly in the 24mm to 50mm range the difference of choices and possibilities is staggering.
For someone using native AF lenses it's a different matter

In 2014, I went to an exhibition of photos by Gen Sakuma here in Tokyo. The event was mentioned by TCS here.

I will let the FF proponents make their own arguments, and I won't disagree with them, but this exhibition convinced me that you don't need a digital Leica, that you don't need FF and to buy the X100s!

So finally new models are out, DPreview has the details as well. Fuji camera story has been interesting to follow even when am probably never going to get one. Likewise fans agony for waiting so many years for updated XPro has been painful to watch :)

Back