Fuji X-Pro2 'Leaked"

A 24MP APS-C sensor from 2013 at $1,800? They can't be serious.

I like the Xpro1 concept and this iteration is obviously more polished, but I just can't see people not going full frame at this price range.

I know it's likely, but are we sure that the sensor is from 2013? They are calling it the XTRANS III and I am hoping it's shiny and new and capable.

I like the Xpro1 concept and this iteration is obviously more polished, but I just can't see people not going full frame at this price range.

The hybrid optical/electronic viewfinder will continue to attract buyers, I being one.

I'm not saying I'm not buying it, but it seems to be a bit of a typical Fuji refresh at this point. Not a refresh worthy of a 4 year wait.

I know it's likely, but are we sure that the sensor is from 2013? They are calling it the XTRANS III and I am hoping it's shiny and new and capable.

XTRANS I and II are more or less the same Sony sensor, with II adding phase detection pixels.

As of now the only two makers of a 24MP APS-C sensor are Sony and Toshiba. The Nikon sensor used in the D5500 is the latter, and it does indeed perform better than the Sony version (which is the one from 2013). But I've never heard about any collaboration between Fuji and Nikon on the sensor front. It's possible, but (as you said) not very likely.

Yet Fuji has a history of using Sony sensors, even before they introduced X-trans. The A6000 sensor with a new CFA is by far the most likely option...

...and word on the street is that Sony will bring out a 32MP BSI sensor for the A6100 very soon.

Have you seen the proposed price for the m4/3 Olympus PEN-F?

Besides, if the X-Pro2 follows the same pricing scheme as the X-Pro1, it'll be $800 in 18 months. :)

In the end, updating the autofocus, bumping dynamic range a stop, and dramatically improving the EVF is enough to make me want the camera. The price is high, sure, but I seldom buy cameras new anyway. X-Pro2 is my camera for 2018!

I value the OVF and I was looking forward to XPro2 getting the hybrid solution that X100T has.
Since I don't care for any other "updated" specs, $1800 is hard to justify.
An X-pro1 at $350 (and dropping) starts to look really good...

I'm sure it's going to be a great camera, but I have to ask, why didn't Fuji consider making the X-Pro 2 a full frame sensor camera??

I'm sure that will sway more than a few Leica owners into the Fuji camp.

Have you seen the proposed price for the m4/3 Olympus PEN-F?

Besides, if the X-Pro2 follows the same pricing scheme as the X-Pro1, it'll be $800 in 18 months. :)

In the end, updating the autofocus, bumping dynamic range a stop, and dramatically improving the EVF is enough to make me want the camera. The price is high, sure, but I seldom buy cameras new anyway. X-Pro2 is my camera for 2018!

Where is the LIKE button? :)

I'm not saying I'm not buying it, but it seems to be a bit of a typical Fuji refresh at this point. Not a refresh worthy of a 4 year wait.

There were rumors about it being the newest 24mp sensor from Sony and that the hold up on release was due to issues on the Sony side having to solve last minute bugs on their next gen a6000.

There has always been rumors (can't remember if anyone has ever had proof) that they used Sony sensors and applied their own filter mask and digital path to it.

Could they have done it w/ the old Sony sensor, probably...but I suspect w/ their limited resources, they prioritized other items ahead such as xt1.

Gary

...and word on the street is that Sony will bring out a 32MP BSI sensor for the A6100 very soon.

I heard both...an improved 24mp w/ more phase detect points and the larger sensor. Will be interesting to c which they finally ship.

Gary

I'm sure it's going to be a great camera, but I have to ask, why didn't Fuji consider making the X-Pro 2 a full frame sensor camera??

I'm sure that will sway more than a few Leica owners into the Fuji camp.

It has been reported that the X mount is too small for Full frame. But even if it was large enough, Fuji will have to rebuild a lens lineup from scratch.

The EVF is a new, high-resolution panel. But the magnification rate isn't great. Tradeoffs for the hybrid design, no doubt.

So it doesnt have the same upgraded OVF that the X100T has? just the same OVF that the old xpro1 has?

It will but since it will be the only change over X-Pro1 that is important to me, I can't justify the extra $1500.

Unfortunately they didn't improve the magnification of the OVF.

l must admit to being still in love with my X Pro 1 and find it the perfect camera for me, not a perfect camera but a camera that fits my need.

Back