UK Region Developing film in the UK?

Thanks for the messages guys.. I've adjusted my location now.. as you can see i'm in Nottingham, so a London shop isn't that useful for me :) thanks though.. I will be using my scanner now i've brought it :) must try and do some more this weekend.

Cheers

I've just received my new Bronica RF645 camera today and have nearly finished the test film that came with it..

Still no movement on developing my own films at home.. I will do it, i just want some serious clarification on dealing with the chemicals locally, and how safe they are on white plastic, enamel sinks/baths. I emailed a company who sells developer stuff and is quite local to me, dissapointingly they've not even replied at all..

I know some are developing at home.. I just want to know what to do with all the spare chemicals, some aren't supposedly safe to put down the drain, others maybe are, even though the manufacturer says not on their packaging. For the ones that aren't safe i want to know if i can take them to the local tip and dispose of them there (if they even have a chemical disposal facility there) ..

So for now and the near future i will get the MF stuff developed.. again similar to this thread wondering where to send it.. Probably peak.. i went with boots with my 35mm but that doesn't seem to be an option for MF. I'm wondering if even Jessops, or Jacobs or any high street place may develop them, or whether they all only have machines (or training) for doing 35mm not 120/220.

Anyone know if the high street shops do offer it at all, if its available fairly quickly as well?

Very quickly though with the option of high street developing not being an option i will HAVE to do my own B&W MF developing, so i hope to get clear answers from somewhere on what to do with that. :)

Your help as ever guys is appreciated :)

Jim,
Not sure what to tell you. Your concerns apparently cannot be answered by anyone other than the absolute highest authority re: safety of disposing of chemicals.

There is literally one pro shop I know of here in the bay area in California that does real hand development of B&W film. But perhaps you'll find one. Good luck.

allan

Regarding chemical disposal... bear in mind that toilet roll, detergents, bleaches, oven cleaners etc. used in everyday household cleaning are more damaging to the environment than an occasional litre or so of diluted photographic chemicals.

Back