Certo 6

Magpie said:
Love the lens hood, where did you get it?

I have a Certo 6 on its way from Jurgens, can hardly wait :D

A friend walked into the office a while ago. He had an idea I was fond of cameras and just dropped off the lens hood. It is a Zeiss, the same mfg. as the lens. He had no idea I wanted this. Very nice.

There is a guy on Ebay, who calls himself "Photo Widget". When I searched thus: "zeiss (hood,shade,filter)" I found him. You will know that the lens takes 40.5mm and are relatively common. This is good.

I hope your camera comes soon. It is something you will really enjoy.

Hi,
Does anyone know if there is an owners manual available on the Certo 6?

Mine arrived from the US, looks great - I would like to read up on the 'factory instructions' if possible before heading out to use it.

Thanks

Brendan

I have the instructions from Certo 6 - in fact i bought the camera from him.

I was actually looking for something from the manufacturer - if there is such a thing!

Regards

I'd love to find a set of instructions myself, though Juergen's website gives you what you need to use the camera.

I'd love to know what that small hole on the back left side of the camera (below the wind crank) does, for instance.

A question: Who knows how to adjust the rangefinder? Mine is off vertically.

KoNickon said:
I'd love to find a set of instructions myself, though Juergen's website gives you what you need to use the camera.

I'd love to know what that small hole on the back left side of the camera (below the wind crank) does, for instance.

A question: Who knows how to adjust the rangefinder? Mine is off vertically.
The little hole has a red flag that comes down when film is present in the camera. The device that actuates it is right beside the take up reel.

Can you tell us more about the rangefinder being off? Has the camera been CLA'd ?

Certo 6 Mania...Now the Perkeo

Certo 6 Mania...Now the Perkeo

Glad to see there is so much interest in this camera. If you like this one, you'll LUV the Perkeo IIIE!!

Hello friends. I got a Certo Six recently. The camera must be CLAed because of lot of problems. The shutter seems to be slow at lower speed and the rangefinder is off and dim. I think the rangefinder should be easy to be adjusted by changing the angle of the reflector (should be changed also), however, I don't know how to disassembly the lens and shutter? It seems no screws there.

By the way, some friends have done such CLA for Certo Six. Is the beamsplitter necessary to be replaced? I can easily find the reflector but for the BS should be a little bit difficult.

Thank you in advance.

Congratulations on your new Certo Six. These are very worthy cameras and well worth any effort to have them function properly.

Technically they are considered by many to be simple cameras to work on. The shutters respond well to CLAs, and the lenses are easy to clean as well.

There is usually some tricky bits to get sorted out and that is the Viewfinder/Rangefinder system. There are two mirrors to be replaced, one is 1/2 silvered and the other is a regular mirror. The 1/2 silvered mirror is the "beamsplitter" and is very simple to replace once you find the mirror itself. In the US try Edmund Scientific.

By the way, some friends have done such CLA for Certo Six. Is the beamsplitter necessary to be replaced?

If the rangefinder is dim, the beam splitter has oxidized - that will happen sooner or later on every Certo 6, as they sourced rather poor beam splitters.

Sevo

Thank you my friends. The replace of the beamsplitter may be a bit difficult for me because I can't find the half mirror easily. Any substitutions? Certo Six is a beautiful monster with the inner structure of alien. I need the details of disassembly from you.
Thanks a lot.

Thank you my friends. The replace of the beamsplitter may be a bit difficult for me because I can't find the half mirror easily. Any substitutions? Certo Six is a beautiful monster with the inner structure of alien. I need the details of disassembly from you.
Thanks a lot.

Too bad you didn't wait, I was planning on putting mine up on ebay. It is totally functional.

if you can get a hold of someones old dvd/cd reader from an old trashed computer you can find a nice half mirrored piece about 8mm square. i found it after dismantling my old Gateway brand computer (they went bust here in Oz years ago)pentium 3..it was half trashed already after my son got his hands on it, wanting to see how it went together (thanks mate!). so before i threw it out i pulled it to bits further and found the mirror....not sure whether there would also be a mirror in dvd players for TV or ordinary music cd players, but worth a look.....my sons got a nice music CD player, maybe i will destroy it and find out :p

Since he lives in China, there's probably no point in mentioning Edmund Scientific. Do you think there is any point in mentioning the mirrors in some of the cheaper Yashicas and older Polaroids?

i have taken front surface mirror (full)out of Polaroids , to cut for TLR's that need a new mirror etc etc, but do not of know of any with half relectivity mirror? i only get the cheap ones and they dont have rangefinder, they dont have the half silvered mirror.

The 110s used to be cheap and it wasn't that long ago, but then somebody started converting them with 4x5 backs. They are not cheap anymore, at least here. I don't know what they cost in China.

Edit: The Polaroid 101 and 250 can still be had cheaply though, and they do have semitransparent mirrors.

not sure if 8mm square piece out of the dvd reader is quite big enough for the certo six half reflective mirror (beam splitter)? must be close, but its a handy resorce never the less--plenty of old computer disk drives lying around in junk piles

Beats me if it is. The mirror from a Yashica J probably would be though and it would only cost a few bucks. He'd have to cut it down, but the Yashicas came with mirrors that are not especially delicate. If he's careful, he ought to be able to get the mirror out and cut to size without ruining it.

Last edited:
Thank you very much, my friends. So much great ideas on the beamsplitter. Acutally I can ask some friend to coat the glass for me, however, I must try to find something that can substitute. It would be totally unnecessary to coat unless I have not found one.

The camera has not been touched, not opened yet. I (and the technician) still have no clue to disassembly the lens and the shutter. I don't want to toch the bellows and other part (except the top cover for the rangefinder). Any ideas? I know that some friends don't want to discuss this thing openly, but you can PM me...haha...

The camera has not been touched, not opened yet. I (and the technician) still have no clue to disassembly the lens and the shutter.

Depends on what shutter your camera has, but here are a few disassembly instructions for common shutters: http://pheugo.com/cameras/index.php Here's an exploded diagram for the Synchro Compur, in case you have that one: http://rick_oleson.tripod.com/index-55.html They are pretty simple shutters to clean. If you just want to do simple "flush and brush" cleaning, all you have to do really is take off the shutter speed cam plate. This will allow you to access all the gearing, the diaphragm blades and the shutter blades. Taking it apart further allows you to access the pivot points for the blades.

Depends on what shutter your camera has, but here are a few disassembly instructions for common shutters: http://pheugo.com/cameras/index.php Here's an exploded diagram for the Synchro Compur, in case you have that one: http://rick_oleson.tripod.com/index-55.html They are pretty simple shutters to clean. If you just want to do simple "flush and brush" cleaning, all you have to do really is take off the shutter speed cam plate. This will allow you to access all the gearing, the diaphragm blades and the shutter blades. Taking it apart further allows you to access the pivot points for the blades.

The shutter is the Synchro Compur.
Perhaps it is not necessary to fully service the shutter, just do a lubrication may be enough. BUT, how to remove the front lens elements? In the front there are no screws...

Attachments

• c2f8_3.jpg
    c2f8_3.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 0
Back