Ariana's Photos (Mentoring a young photographer)

Chris, Steve and Ariana .... you guys are restoring my faith in people.
Wonderful story Chris, you and Steve get *Gold Stars*.
Ariana, I wish you well in your new work. The pictures that Chris posted here are beautiful !!!

MG_6728.jpg

Thank you for sharing such a heart-warming account Chris. I wish the young lady every success with her imaging, and good health, (as indeed I do, you). There is not enough kindness in the world, but you and Steve are pulling your weight. May karma be kind to you both.
Cheers
Brett

Cool !

Great set of Photos Ariana !
You have a very Good Eye.

Blessed to have Chris as a Teacher & Friend.... We love him here on RFf !
Keep posting... ;)

Congratulations Chris on your mentoring a new photographer who is showing she has a fine eye, and lots of enthusiasm! Congratulations Ariana on a very nice set of photos - keep up the good work!

One thing though - please, please, please don't take any more photos on railway tracks. Trains are silent killers. You might think you can hear them coming, but that isn't true. Tragically, every year people die for not realising that. Read this article on TOP, and do a Google search for similar. It's just not worth risking your life for a train tracks photo, however careful you are.

I'd like to keep on seeing your personal view of the world in future!

Kind regards,
Lynn

Congratulations Chris on your mentoring a new photographer who is showing she has a fine eye, and lots of enthusiasm! Congratulations Ariana on a very nice set of photos - keep up the good work!

One thing though - please, please, please don't take any more photos on railway tracks. Trains are silent killers. You might think you can hear them coming, but that isn't true. Tragically, every year people die for not realising that. Read this article on TOP, and do a Google search for similar. It's just not worth risking your life for a train tracks photo, however careful you are.

I'd like to keep on seeing your personal view of the world in future!

Kind regards,
Lynn

I don't think you understand what this thread is about. There is nothing here that is my personal view of the world, as I took NONE of the photos except the portrait of Ariana.

The rock you see on the left side of the railroad tracks is a famous landmark here. It is known as the Turtle. It is a large chunk of iron ore that fell off a train decades ago. My father grew up on this country road, and he said it was there when he was a little kid, and he is 67 years old.

She shot the photo from the passenger window of a car driven by someone else to avoid the danger you're talking about.

"I think it pisses God off if you walk by the color purple in a field somewhere and don't notice it. People think pleasing God is all God cares about. But any fool living in the world can see it always trying to please us back."

Alice Walker

"I think it pisses God off if you walk by the color purple in a field somewhere and don't notice it. People think pleasing God is all God cares about. But any fool living in the world can see it always trying to please us back."

Alice Walker

How true. There is a lot of beauty in the world that most people never notice, and some actively try to destroy.

Thank you

Thank you

Dear Chris,

Thank you for sharing these pictures. Everyone needs needs something to be passionate about when they are young. You're a good man for helping Ariana and letting her discover photography.

I look forward to seeing more examples of her work.

Regards,

Tim Murphy

Harrisburg, PA :)

Thanks again for all the compliments on Ariana's photos. I showed her this thread last week and it made her really happy.

She was in the hospital again over the weekend with a bad intestinal infection. Once she gets to feeling better she has some new photos for me to post.

MG_6896.jpg

MG_6907.jpg

New stuff! Ariana is feeling better now.

She shot these last week after a rainstorm. In the second photo, the raindrops are on a spider web.

Back