Ariana's Photos (Mentoring a young photographer)

So inspired to have come across this thread this morning. I hope that Ariana is doing well. She has a wonderful eye for composition. I’m envious.:)

Greet is correct, it's a very interesting thread. Any news about Arianna?
Greg and Robert,

She's not doing well. Her camera got stolen early last year, and we haven't had the money to replace it. She really loved photography and is still upset about it.

Her health has become much worse. I finally convinced her last summer to go to the Indiana University Hospital because the care she was getting in Fort Wayne was so bad. They told her she probably has a year or two to live. Her body is shutting down.

She just got out of the hospital again today. She had been there almost 3 weeks because she had to have all of her teeth extracted. They were dying from a combination of the drugs used to treat lupus and her own immune system attacking them. She's having heart problems, too.

I've been helping her buy her medicines she needs because her family won't help her. Her father, who I was (keyword: WAS) friends with for many years has completely forgotten that she exists, so I have basically taken over that role for her. Its been hard because I cannot afford to support two kids, but I am helping her as much as I can.

Greg and Robert,

She's not doing well. Her camera got stolen early last year, and we haven't had the money to replace it. She really loved photography and is still upset about it.

Her health has become much worse. I finally convinced her last summer to go to the Indiana University Hospital because the care she was getting in Fort Wayne was so bad. They told her she probably has a year or two to live. Her body is shutting down.

She just got out of the hospital again today. She had been there almost 3 weeks because she had to have all of her teeth extracted. They were dying from a combination of the drugs used to treat lupus and her own immune system attacking them. She's having heart problems, too.

I've been helping her buy her medicines she needs because her family won't help her. Her father, who I was (keyword: WAS) friends with for many years has completely forgotten that she exists, so i have basically taken over that role for her. Its been hard because I cannot afford to support two kids, but I am helping her as much as I can.

So sorry to read this about Ariana. Sorry for her stolen camera & about her dad, her family. Chris bless you for taking his place. I just don’t understand this world sometimes. I’m so glad I found this thread. She is such a talented artist.

Greg and Robert,

I've been helping her buy her medicines she needs because her family won't help her. Her father, who I was (keyword: WAS) friends with for many years has completely forgotten that she exists, so I have basically taken over that role for her. Its been hard because I cannot afford to support two kids, but I am helping her as much as I can.
Would a digital camera help her in any way? I have an X100T going spare and while it's no beauty, it is working and she's welcome to it.

(also the Fuji teleconverter TCL-X100 if she wants to ugly it up)

Thanks for the news, Chris, though I'm saddened to hear it.

I wish her the best in her difficult life.

- Murray

It's very sad to hear this kind of news, life can be difficult. Wish her all the best, please keep us informed
robert

Just read this whole thread and sorry to see her health issues are getting worse. Hope she recovers and resumes her photography. In the meantime I’ll send some prayers her way.

Just read this whole thread and sorry to see her health issues are getting worse. Hope she recovers and resumes her photography. In the meantime I’ll send some prayers her way.

Thanks, O.C. She isn't doing well now. She has been in the hospital for over a month now battling a series of nasty infections. Over the weekend she had a fever of 105 degrees and drifted in and out of consciousness for a couple of days. I visited her on Friday and she didn't recognize me. The fever finally went down yesterday and she is feeling better. She told me she didn't even realize I was there Friday. They still have her in intensive care though because she still has another infection.

Back