UK Region Anyone from Manchester UK here?

I lived in Sale from 6 to 23 and never heard the term Manny. We always said 'town' as in we're going town today or just Manchester. I pop back now and then to see my parents and go to the Ox Noble or the White Lion on Liverpool Road. Last time I was there I went in to Stephens camera in the arcade off of st ann's square.

Do you still use the Sunny f8 rule up there? Lived and worked thereabouts for ten years, never heard of 'Manny' but then them from Rochdale were always a cut above...

This thread is already descending into a "I've never heard it called Manny" derailment! :D

For the record, I have, so just consider yourself lucky/unlucky.

I lived in Sale from 6 to 23 and never heard the term Manny. We always said 'town' as in we're going town today or just Manchester. I pop back now and then to see my parents and go to the Ox Noble or the White Lion on Liverpool Road. Last time I was there I went in to Stephens camera in the arcade off of st ann's square.

Maybe I invented Manny then, who knows.
The parade went off well today. Started on Liverpool Road and passed those pubs.

I've attempted to go in Stephens at least 3 times and been ruded out before I got remotely close to any camera equipment. Won't be bothering again.

Real Camera Co on the other hand, always great.

Do you still use the Sunny f8 rule up there? Lived and worked thereabouts for ten years, never heard of 'Manny' but then them from Rochdale were always a cut above...

I laughed a little too much at Sunny f8, but you should know that in Manny (have heard it) it's the Rainy f8.

I've attempted to go in Stephens at least 3 times and been ruded out before I got remotely close to any camera equipment. Won't be bothering again.

I get the exact opposite from the lads in there. Very helpful and chatty.
I used to go to the old store on Cheetham hill rd and bought a few bits and pieces from them, some Canon FD gear.
They recently helped me out with an eyepiece dioptre for my M9 offering to take it back if it didn't do what I wanted.

Maybe I invented Manny then, who knows.
The parade went off well today. Started on Liverpool Road and passed those pubs.

OT, I used to hang out at Sports motorcycles on Liverpool Rd in the mid-late 1970's. It was a meeting point for anyone into bikes back then and the place my Dad took myself and my brother on many a saturday afternoon and the place where I fell in love with the BMW R90s in 1975. They had Guzzi and Ducati also. I eventually bought a 90s 22 years later and still have it after 19 years.

I worked for some years on Great Ducie Street directly opposite Boddies brewery. The smell from the brewery, or from the Irwell for that matter, was something but nothing compared with the Strangeways riot...

'Tea you could trot mouse on' great phrase, great city.

Back