X1D pics.

sepiareverb

genius and moron
Local time
5:33 PM
I have found my camera. Absolutely loving this thing. Not at all fast, but the little bit of required slowing down is really perfect. I'm finally settling in with it, a very different camera than anything else I've ever worked with.

38731687290_d0a79d04e1_b.jpg

40499411142_e159b653bd_b.jpg

X1D | 45/3.5

Very Cool ... Congrats !

Just 2 photos ... keep shooting & posting, you have no excuses with a digi, instant gratification ;)

Yes from me too ... keep them coming please! I was over looking at the review on petapixel of the camera and some nice images there as well. :)

I am quite loving it Dave. Some initial confusion with the read outs has been sorted through, and I have an ND filter on the way which should help also. The crop modes are really well done, I am really appreciating the ability to switch on the fly so easily. I am doing 90% squares, but Xpan and 4x5 are in the mix. Some adapters are also in my future, for the Pentax 67 100 macro lens (which does 1:1) and for the M glass. It seems many Leica lenses will or will nearly cover the square frame on the X1d.

Keep an eye on FB as well if you’re there.

I’ve got three batteries, have recharged two of them once, and been probably put about 125-150 shots through it. I suspect battery life will improve as they get broken in. They arrive needing a 6 hour charge before use. Recharge is faster, tho I’ve not kept tabs on how long.

Good to see you're getting it dialed in. FYI per their road map Hasselblad should have a 21 f/4 out in the first half of this year. The 30 f/3.5 that's currently available seems to be well liked as well. Don't know how much you plan on using native vs adapted glass though.

I still find that camera quite interesting. I would love to get one for landscape work, but I really just don't need a medium format digital body right now. I'm enjoying the M10 for my digital work but this does seem like an appealing system!

The 21 will be my friend I believe. Looking to use this in the woods like the SWC.

The adaptability is what initially caught my eye, but after getting one in my hand recently on a visit to Montreal I was hooked.

A few more from the X1D with the 45mm lens. Should finally get some good shooting time with it this coming week. After a brief attempt at Spring we are back to winter here.

Wow, that blue bus picture is incredible looking.

Would really like one of these, maybe in a few years when I can grab one used.

Bob,

The workflow most of us with that sensor have found that initially opening the image in Phocus with basic processing gives best results, and then I use both LR and PS for final processing depending on the look I am after.

Long exposures with ND filters are stunning!!! I think you will love them and do not hesitate to use 10 and 15 stop filters!:)

Thanks for the confirmation that where I’ve stumbled with this is best practice! Phocus to start, and export as a tiff that I bring into PS. I have some ND here already, but once the leaves are out I’ll have plenty of long exposure fun in the woods with this. Hopefully the 21mm will be out soon.

The things I’ve put in paper are remarkably snappy. Hoping to get something soon to splurge with a full size print to see what this thing is at native size. I have one image of an auto paint shop window covered with overspray that might be it, but will decide after this trip.

Back