There is no such thing as a Gear Forum or Photography Forum at RFF!!!

Well I've looked at the pathetic images from the Fuji on my $200 monitor and I can tell you this camera is a waste of $1200.00 .. and no one will convince me otherwise.

But to you tonkers with $1200.00 to pi$$ up against a wall who buy one ... good luck!

:angel: :angel: :angel:

Dang, and I was about to chime in about respecting people with comments and all.

On the positive side Keith's comment was about his thoughts on the camera, but then moved to his opinion about those folks plunking down the $1.2K for her.

Let's stay way from value judgements and all everyone, please.

M8 was before my time (as a mod) and I really want to focus elsewhere over the next week or so. Please?!?!?!

it is just a camera, after all...

Sort of!

When the M8 came out and subsequent M9, we weren't dealing with a camera that was actually affordable for most people. The Fuji has amazing appeal and it's pretty well attainable for all income levels.

It's made a huge difference IMO because you don't have to be particularly affluent to indulge in the craziness!

Being a gear head and being interested in the craft of photography is hopefully not mutually exclusive though. Agree with the mods I can't see why people try to be "right" just to show that the other is wrong. Life is to short. PS can't wait for my X100 in a couple of weeks.

Well I've looked at the pathetic images from the Fuji on my $200 monitor and I can tell you this camera is a waste of $1200.00 .. and no one will convince me otherwise.

But to you tonkers with $1200.00 to pi$$ up against a wall who buy one ... good luck!

I just noticed Silver went over $30 per oz. I think I picked up a few pounds of it when it was under $5 per oz. Kind of like when I paid a Semester of college with $19 of coins. Gold is up too. But I am not spending my $10 piece on this camera...

Last edited:

Keith - I think you need to explain this particular application of the Aust/NZ sense of humour - I think they are taking you literally. :p

Keith - I think you need to explain this particular application of the Aust/NZ sense of humour - I think they are taking you literally. :p

I figured they might. LOL

We're a twisted lot downunder. :p

Nuances are always lost across Customs lines. :eek:

That's why I sometimes use XML tags, thusly:

<tongue-in-cheek>
Yes, but when will Fuji ship the lizard-skin gold-plated collector's edition?
</tongue-in-cheek>

:angel:

Hey my blog software edits out non-standard XML tags - I assumed the forum software did too. Let's see if we can get <tongue-in-cheek> established as an HTML5 standard tag. It would go a long way toward increased understanding. That is - if everyone understands what "tongue-in-cheek" means.

But seriously, while I appreciate the pro-active approach (and I really do) the contrarian side of me gets a bit misty for the days when a big dustup at RFF would go so long that the only way to put an end to is was to ban a few agitators. ;-)

I am nobody. :angel:

Ok, a few people liked it. Still, I don't remember any debates. You must have been out taking pictures. Good on you.

Ha! My post (#7) was edited! Funny though, because the deleted text is still right there in the edit comments. (or is that only visible to me?).

Cheers,
Gary

Last edited:
I just noticed Silver went over $30 per oz. I think I picked up a few pounds of it when it was under $5 per oz. Kind of like when I paid a Semester of college with $19 of coins. Gold is up too. But I am not spending my $10 piece on this camera...
Silver is up because Glenn Beck started hawking it on his radio show! I'd feel more secure buying Leica cameras than gold or silver. As for the X100, well we all know where that will head...down once the X200 comes out in 16 months. Still it's a nice retro looking P&S.;):)

I just read this 10 year old thread from top to bottom. Interesting to say the least. Well worth the time I spent doing it.

All the best,
Mike

Me thinks the Corny Virus pandemic is making a lot folks quite edgy. Deep breathes and please remember that we are here to have fun. Be nice. I have owned a Fuji X100 in the past. Did not care for it but I did find it to be an amazing tool. All hail innovation and lot's of cool products. It's the spice of life.

Me thinks the Corny Virus pandemic is making a lot folks quite edgy. Deep breathes and please remember that we are here to have fun. Be nice. I have owned a Fuji X100 in the past. Did not care for it but I did find it to be an amazing tool. All hail innovation and lot's of cool products. It's the spice of life.
This thread is a zombie. The very real pandemic has nothing to do with the course of it.
Phil Forrest

Back