Man oh Man, I tried out a Fuji X100V

Sounds great any X-100 is great news .
Bargain basement option - my brand new , mid 2016 X-Pro1 + 27mm- most of the fun at under £400 . And it's probably not so practical LOL
I would love to upgrade beyond the X-T 1 , but as jsrockit says - what I have is fine . I would never envisaged finding cameras of such quality etc when retirement arrived .
dee

I'm glad people are happy with their cameras. I'm happy with what I use too. I don't own any Fuji cameras other than the GS645S Wide 60. :)

G

Found a very slight used X100v. I bought it. About as close as I will ever get to a Leica M10. Best color and B/W JPEG sims I have ever seen on a digital camera.

50037597666_80f0e9c541_c.jpg

I fell in love with the black version when I first handled it earlier in the year. My opinion hasn't changed: gorgeous! Enjoy, Akiva.

Found a very slight used X100v. I bought it. About as close as I will ever get to a Leica M10. Best color and B/W JPEG sims I have ever seen on a digital camera.

Congratulations!

One thing I did to my X100V that made it perfect for me was to put a leather half-case on it. Now it really feels perfect in my hand.

One other thing I did was to go into the menu and turn-off all the special function buttons and touch-screen modes. It would frustrate me when I would inadvertently touch something while taking a picture and suddenly I’d be looking at a menu on my screen. I did assign the front function button for the film simulation choices because I do like to have that option readily available and that button (FN-1) is the least likely to be pressed accidentally.

Anyway, congrats again, it’s a great camera!

All the best,
Mike

Still learning, of course. My goal is get it down to just a few controls. I especially like that the ISO dial can be turned while in the midst of shooting. Wow.

Still learning, of course. My goal is get it down to just a few controls. I especially like that the ISO dial can be turned while in the midst of shooting. Wow.

I’m not the most tech savvy guy around but with the help of the owner’s manual and some youtube viewing I was able to get my X100V pared down to the most basic functions. Nothing worse (in my opinion) than a camera with a mind of its own.

By-the-way, in case you didn’t know there’s a firmware update for the X100V:
https://fujifilm-x.com/global/support/download/firmware/cameras/x100v/
Your camera may or may not already have it.

All the best,
Mike

FAB, one of your BEST Akiva~
strikingly Beautiful
acros or just monochrom ?
Thx Helen, Just Monochrome with a little contrast added and a little clarity subtracted. As said I am still just figuring this out, but I am pretty excited.:cool:

BTW I have a few good friends who have gone all in with Olympus. They are wondering what to do. I feel bad for them. These sell offs usually don't end well.:confused:

I’m not the most tech savvy guy around but with the help of the owner’s manual and some youtube viewing I was able to get my X100V pared down to the most basic functions. Nothing worse (in my opinion) than a camera with a mind of its own.

By-the-way, in case you didn’t know there’s a firmware update for the X100V:
https://fujifilm-x.com/global/support/download/firmware/cameras/x100v/
Your camera may or may not already have it.

All the best,
Mike
Yeah Thx, it came with 1.1. I guess the first owner took care of this.

Back